Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Dentist!  (Read 3903 times)

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: The Dentist!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »

I'm still giggling.
I took to wearing trousers instead of skirts many years ago, but that was in case I got drunk, fell over and flashed my knickers. Which I have not done !!
Good decision, well made  ;D

Foxylady

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »

This post is hilarious, just catching up now!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 06:59:27 PM »

There really isn't a need to vomit if GA is given sympathetically.  I was injected with anti-emetics during long surgery and never felt queasy.  Probably because I told the Anesthetist that I was light weight and I was sick after, I would see her in Court.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 07:45:19 PM »

So why does anyone vomit after GA does it affect the central nervous system?

Tc

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 01:58:16 AM »

The old fashioned pre med caused the vomiting. These days they wheel you into the theatre fully conscious. I had a full blown panic attack  last time.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 07:55:44 AM »

I wouldn't go to surgery without a pre-med.  I had 'ativan' many years ago, they could have done anything once that took effect  :D

Some patients are walked to theatre, no way  :o.  What about those dirty feety-bits on that floor  :o :o

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 08:48:33 AM »

Dirty feety bits 😆😂🤣
My mum was always sick after GA too,they used to give her a stemitil injection,seemed to help

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 08:52:36 PM »

Hi spangles,was it the injection in the mouth? I had one last week,very deep one at that 😖 the only symptom I can say I get is woozy headed,wonder if dentists use different anaesthetics,maybe you could ask him/her if they have a alternative one

Not sure if anyone realises but there are two types of injections that the dentist uses. The one favoured has adrenaline in it and causes reactions in a lot of people as described. With me, it gives me a racing heart and palpitations and a feeling of angst. I have the other type which they don't offer unless asked, which is the non-adrenaline one. So much better.....no probs but dentist said sometimes it doesn't numb as much as the first one and may need topping up but I've had teeth out with it and coped fine!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 08:09:24 AM »

:thankyou:  I want something numbest quickly and for hours after.  :D

Last time a gel was applied first but he didn't do it this time but the jab was quite fast.  It also eased sooner than usual.  The area is still irritable by the end of the day  :-\ !
Pages: 1 [2]