Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stomach Pains after PPI  (Read 6792 times)

CherryC

Re: Stomach Pains after PPI
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »

Just a thought - have you been checkout for gallstones? I had the exact same thing, indigestion an hour or two after eating (mine was usually in the evening or during the night and lasted several hours, though sometimes during the day).  I was initially put on PPIs, sent for a gastroscopy, where a small hiatus hernia was diagnosed.  PPIs were the given treatment but they gave me very bad stomach pains and cramping so I stopped them.  I eventually had an upper stomach ultrasound and discovered gallstones!  I am now waiting for a gallbladder op, but I am controlling the indigestion type pain by eating a very low fat diet.  Bile is needed to help digest fats so, if there are gallstones or bile duct blockages, this could be causing the indigestion.  Might be worth investigating, if nothing else to eliminate!

YogiNic

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »

Just a quick update on the whole Reflux issue. As mentioned in my earlier post I have been suffering for over 2 years with acid reflux / LPR and have tried everything to make it better, including PPI's which ended up making it worse.
I started HRT (Femoston) 6 weeks ago and my reflux has totally disappeared - No symptoms at all! It is such a relief.
I hope you have found some relief and you are feeling better.

Foxylady

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »

Thats great news yoginic, mine has definately improved although probably a combination of HRT, diet & weight loss (known to be contributory factors). I also take probiotics which also helps my IBS.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »

:thankyou:  4 the update
Pages: 1 [2]