Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What progesterone are you on  (Read 1194 times)

Blueflower19

• First Flush
What progesterone are you on
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:06:05 AM »

Hi I'm new 46 and had an early menopause, on hrt since age 44 and still haven't got it right. I'm fed up with it and I have been at a few doctors.  I am on evorel conti and 2 pumps of gel and levels still low (90) going back to doc this week as I feel flat, considering cyclical but have had Utrogestan before and it made me feel weird and drunk.  Are there other progesterone or do you get used to Utrogestan.  Support needed

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: What progesterone are you on
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 03:05:05 PM »

Hi Blueflower19.  :welcomemm:

There is Provera. Some ladies are on that. Can't see why you wouldn't be able to...
Can't help otherwise as I'm on Femoston Conti.
I'm sure someone will post soon...with more experience than me....
Sounds like you need a higher dose oestrogen. You may not be absorbing properly.
You could stay on the gel, and take Provera, you can also adjust how much gel you need, until you get a balance....sorry to hear your feeling crap....hope things improve for you...
Keep posting, someone's always on to offer advice and support...
Good luck
Jd xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:16:31 PM »

Hi Blueflower19

:welcomemm:

I couldn't tolerate utrogestan and so use Provera it's worth giving it a try .
Good luck.

Lanzalover x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »

Hi Blueflower19

:welcomemm: from me too.

At your age I would definitely go for cyclical HRT of you don't mind a bleed - most of us were bleeding naturally at much older and some of us continue to do so in our 60's because of not wanting to take the prog continuously!

After a brief trial of Evorel sequi I changed to natural ie bio-identical progesterone - firstly Cyclogest and then utrogestan which I still use. I take it vaginally (unlicensed) to minimise the side effects. Yes maybe you need a higher dose if that reading is accurate. I would go for either higher dose patches and something else (prog), or more pumps of gel + the prog and see what happens. At your young age you want to feel well and also need bone protection!

In addition to suggestion of Provera, have you thought of a Mirena coil? You could go as high as you needed with the oestrogen then and be assured your uterus was protected without having to worry about prog dose?

Hurdity x

Blueflower19

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »

Hi All
Thankyou so much for reading my post and taking the time to reply.  I will definitely talk to the doc about the suggestions of provers and Mirena.  It's a minefield for me.  I had a dexa scan last year and I'm-2.5 in spine so I need to get my levels right.  I find sometimes the drs are not great. I'm at a private doc on Friday now so I will update on my progress.  It's great to talk to talk to ladies who know what it is like.  Xx