Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can HRT increase symptoms of gastritis  (Read 2763 times)

Pauline b

Can HRT increase symptoms of gastritis
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:12:44 PM »

Hi , I have just changed over to estradot75 and ultrogestan after trying a number of different preparations. Oral HRT increased my gastritis so I went on evoral conti 50 which was ok but I wasn't sleeping. I have been on EStradot and ultrogestan for 3 weeks and my gastritis has come back !! Has anyone experienced the same thing when increasing oestrogen dose ?

Tracey E

Re: Can HRT increase symptoms of gastritis
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 09:39:34 PM »

Hi , I have just changed over to estradot75 and ultrogestan after trying a number of different preparations. Oral HRT increased my gastritis so I went on evoral conti 50 which was ok but I wasn't sleeping. I have been on EStradot and ultrogestan for 3 weeks and my gastritis has come back !! Has anyone experienced the same thing when increasing oestrogen dose ?

Hi Pauline, yes I had an extremely irritated inflamed tummy when taking Utrogestan orally daily. Have you tried the vaginal route It may help. X

Wooz

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »

I've just started on Utrogestan oral daily & Estradiol and I'm suffering headaches & some gastric issues. I asked the GP about vaginal Utrogestan but she said that they only prescribe oral. Tracey E - please would you let me know the name of the vaginal Utrogestan and I would be interested to know if anybody has been prescribed this by their GP. Many thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »

'itis' means inflammation so oral medication can cause symptoms to flare.

Tracey E

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:07:17 PM »

I've just started on Utrogestan oral daily & Estradiol and I'm suffering headaches & some gastric issues. I asked the GP about vaginal Utrogestan but she said that they only prescribe oral. Tracey E - please would you let me know the name of the vaginal Utrogestan and I would be interested to know if anybody has been prescribed this by their GP. Many thanks.

Hi Wooz, I just take the Utrogestan vaginally the same 100mg tablet as the oral one.