Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg tablet supply shortage?  (Read 1204 times)

C4thyMill

Elleste Duet 1mg tablet supply shortage?
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:10:45 PM »

Hi All, apologies if this has already been talked about elsewhere. Has anyone had issues getting the Elleste Duet tablets? I have a prescription but can't fill it. I'm waiting for the Dr to come back to me with an alternative but I need it before Friday, otherwise it'll be cold turkey for me! Tbh HRT was sold to me as a wonder drug and that I'd feel fantastic on it, but I can't say it's worked out that way! Anyone any advice on alternatives? Thanks in advance  :)

Dotty

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg tablet supply shortage?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Have a look at the link I have posted.  They are hoping that Elleste preparations will be available again in July.

How long have you been on Elleste Duet and is it 1mg or 2mg? If you haven't noticed any improvement you may well need a higher dose.  You could try Oestrogel and Utrogestan or Femoston or Oestrogen patches with Utrogestan x

C4thyMill

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg tablet supply shortage?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 04:32:05 PM »

Hi Dotty thanks for the reply. I have just picked up an alternative - Novofem so I should be fine. I've been using hrt for 2 years, 1 with patches which kept coming off on holiday and eventually started to irritate my skin too, and then the switch to 1 mg tablets.
I do think I was probably given hrt too soon as I didn't have many symptoms and I'm still having periods. A few of my friends were given Prozac instead to sort their mood swings out. I also wasn't having any hot sweats! I have thought if coming off to reassess whether I need it but not sure if that would be a good thing or increase risks etc x