Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Move from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10  (Read 1222 times)

Megeorge

Move from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10
« on: June 05, 2019, 09:12:01 AM »

Hi there, this seems like such a great place to ask questions and get answers so thanks in advance. I was having a bad time with night sweats, hot flushes, depression, brain fog, body odour changes etc, so 2.5 months ago the doctor put me on femoston 1/10. The night sweats, hot flushes and depression have gone, but I now have incredibly dry eyes and still lots of anxiety. On my recent visit to the doctor he mentioned that we could increase the oestrogen and move me to the 2/10, I suggested that I would like to give this a go, but in reality, have not idea if its a good idea or not. I have not gone and gotten my prescription yet as I still have 2 weeks left on my old packet. Any feedback, suggestions welcome. Thanks, Megan

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Move from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »

Hi Megeorge.   :welcomemm:

I'm on femoston conti, and I've had to higher my dose to 2 mg. I started on 0.5 mg, and have steadily increased, and still my anxiety bugs me occasionally. However, All other symptoms have gone.
Three to six months is the recommend time to see if the hrt is working well for you, so, you can either wait another couple weeks and see what happens, or try the 2mg, you can always drop back down if it's too much. Dry eyes are a symptom of not enough oestrogen I think, so maybe you'll benefit from the 2 mg. like I say try it, you can always reduce it again.
Good luck...let us know how your getting on.

Jd xx

Megeorge

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply, and affamation of what was thinking. I will give it a go. I think the Omega 7 that I have been taking has helped my eyes, but now going though a stage of breaking out in pimples, which is the least of my worries but not perfect for my 50th birthday in two days. Thanks again xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »

Have a lovely birthday Megeorge... :hbday:

Enjoy it no matter what!  :congrats: