Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena gel and Utrogestan  (Read 2276 times)

Paula1966

Sandrena gel and Utrogestan
« on: June 02, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »

Hello 😊

I was given Sandrena gel 1mg to take about 3 months ago, but the gp did not give me a progesterone tablet to go with it. When I went back I saw a different gp and she was livid as I still have my womb so gave me Femoston ( which I didn't understand as I felt great on the Sandrena) Within 2 weeks on the Femoston all my symptoms of dryness and itching, anxiety etc came back. So I wrote a note to the surgery asking to go back on Sandrena and to also have a progesterone pill. The gp did this giving me Utrogestan.
I am to take 100mg days 1-25 at night. When I got the prescription I was Day 11 of my cycle so decided to take it and will carry on till day 25 alongside using the gel.

I am now Day 14 and although my anxiety is starting to reduce I feel like I have been hit by a truck with fatigue (I do suffer with anemia as well) I am now wondering if it is the Utrogestan or my anemia that is making me feel this way or if I should of waited till my new cycle started before taking the pills.

Any advice or wisdom welcome - thanks

Elmsey

Re: Sandrena gel and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 08:24:59 PM »

Hi Paula1966

I am having the same problem with Utrogestan - crushing tirednes.  It is intolerable.  I am using estrogel and I am struggling to get the dose right and to tolerate the Utrogestan.

No answers, but I think it is quite common.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

Hi Paula 1966

Can I ask how long you have been on Estrogel and utrogestan and have you experienced hairloss.

I take Estrogel 2 pumps after hysterectomy and can say I'm suffering aniexty bad fatigue more then before HRT and sweating bad headaches but the more I increase dose the worse I feel . I thought about taking progesterone to offset some of estrogen effects but as I'm too suffering hairloss on estrogen I don't want this worse by taking progesterone ?

Paula1966

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:28:09 AM »

Thanks Elmsey, will give it a month and see what happens

Sammie jane, not long but no hair loss as yet

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »

You mention a cycle - if you're still in peri (not been a year without a bleed) you should be taking it cyclically, 200mgs for 12 days per cycle. I also get fatigue on utro. You may find a different regime suits you better (see the options under treatments), I didn't get this symptom with everel but I had to change because it gave me a rash.

Paula1966

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »

Thanks Sheila, will mention it to my gp 😊