Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Crashing fatigue, weak, painful muscles - meno symptoms or something else?  (Read 1162 times)

EleanorB

Hi,

Wondering if I have developed more meno symptoms or if this is something else?

8 days ago, the day before flying back from a holiday in Spain I developed extreme fatigue and a weak, tired feeling in my limbs. Within the next 48 hours  I developed a head cold but no fever or anything else. The cold is clearing up, but I am now violently fatigued, my muscles, specifically legs and arms, hurt and ache. I would think it was a virus but it's been 10 days and no headache, chest issues, sore throat or fever like symptoms at all.

I saw the gp two days ago who sent me for blood tests and said give it another week might be a weird virus, if not we'll look into it. I have been consoling myself with the it's just a weird virus but I felt worse yesterday, it goes up and down in severity. I am so hoping this isn't a new phase of meno, I am 2 years post period in August. I have been taking oestrogen only hrt for 5 and a half months. I do not use progesterone currently due to migraine and have regular scans of womb.

I was both b12 deficient and vit d deficient sometime in last two years, but have injections and have been tested since,  so they're probably normal, these blood tests will check again. My last thyroid tests in March were normal. I was about to add testosterone to my hrt but am now wary as I don't know what this is. I dread the thought of this being the new normal with meno or worse, CFS

Help, so worried, any thoughts?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Crashing fatigue is 'normal'.  I remember Mum in the middle of cooking our evening meal, sitting on the settee and dropping off to sleep  :-\

Also, how are your VitD levels?  I had low levels 2 years ago, I would do 10 mins. gardening then sit still for 2 hours so I knew something wasn't right.  Capsules helped.