Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie ... post total hysterectomy and don’t I know it!  (Read 762 times)

Pumpkin27

• First Flush

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say what a great help this site and forum are.  I have gleaned a lot of information which has helped with conversations with my GP who is, and I realise how lucky I am, fabulous.  Am 54 and had a total hysterectomy and oopherectomy 8 weeks ago now, initially prescribed Premarin by my consultant and changed by GP onto Evorel 50 patches, I had originally been on HRT pre surgery to combat joint pain after blood tests confirmed menopause diagnosis. Unfortunately a scan showed a mass a couple of months ago and subsequent MRI and tests necessitated surgery.  On the upside histology reported everything as benign. Since changing to Evorel I'd started feeling gradually worse with symptoms and so have now been prescribed with Oestrogel.  Early days with this but I'm hoping for greatness! A fly in the ointment, so to speak, is that I had endometriosis which the consultant reported post surgery as extensive and which may mean I have to stop HRT at some point. Let's hope not.

jaypo

Re: Newbie ... post total hysterectomy and don’t I know it!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »

Hi pumpkin & welcome to the forum.
So good to hear that tests came back as benign.
Not on hrt myself but just wanted to say 👋

JaneinPen

Re: Newbie ... post total hysterectomy and don’t I know it!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »

:welcomemm: Pumpkin27. Just wanted to say hi.  So pleased your test results were positive. I hope your journey through the HRT maze is not too arduous.  The good thing about this forum is that there is always a lovely lady around to offer advice or a hug or both