Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Food and cravings...!!!  (Read 1401 times)

sued

Food and cravings...!!!
« on: May 30, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »

Hi everyone
I'm just wondering while we are all embarking on this ‘journey' does anyone have any major food cravings especially at night.

I've put on about a stone in weight in the last 2 years. I'm still not massively overweight but could do with losing this extra I've gained. My problem is, as I'm not sleeping great at the moment. I wake up in the night craving food to the point I NEED to get up and eat.
I crave that lovely crusty loaf that I know is hiding in the bread bin, or just a piece of toast, it's driving me mad.
I don't know whether it's just a carbs craving or just food in general. I don't go to bed hungry so it's not like I am starving.
Any ideas please before I end up the size of a house😉 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Food and cravings...!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »

How is your diet overall?  A little of what you fancy and all that.  I sometimes need to get up and make crackers with butter .....

Try eating every 3 hours including lots of slow release foods: bananas, porridge, dried fruits and nuts, protein is important so try fish/meat/eggs at least 3x a week in your main meal.

Keep a food diary!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »

Hi sued Don't have food cravings, but I do go through patches of wanting to eat continuously! What CKLD suggests about the slow release foods works well. I have a bowl of porridge with lots of fruit & almond milk around 7.30am and keeps me going till around 12noon, in the afternoons I usually need to snack sometimes have a biscuit & a few nuts or one of those Naked bars - they are fab!
A food diary is a really good idea.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »

What's almond milk when it's up and dressed ?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »

It's just almonds soaked in water and strained. I started using it when my acne was under control, with the hormones in cow's milk it doesn't do any favours so stopped all dairy so whether it helped I can't be 100%

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »

Wonder what happens to the almonds  :-\ ........ I love 'em on Dundee cake  :D

That's another thing, a good quality fruit cake can ease cravings.

sued

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »

Hi everyone

I do eat little and often due to low blood sugar so it's a case of porridge for breakfast, banana or some fruit mid morning, sandwich or soup for lunch, snack mid afternoon then dinner and another snack in the evening.
I love almond milk and also the alpro yoghurts in fact all dairy free stuff is delicious, I'm a definite convert to dairy free stuff.
Thanks for your input everyone XX

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 01:57:44 PM »

As I haven't had yoghurts in donkeys years I just past by them in supermarket, but might look out for them next time I go.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »

However: the body needs fats and sugars in order to operate correctly  ::) - I would never go fat free or avoid sugars .........

Soup wouldn't be enough for lunch, it also gives I wind  :-\ so that I am unable to eat the rest of the day   :-\.  I think that I probably eat it and the accompany roll too fast  ::)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 03:28:53 PM »

I love butter, think I mentioned before I've kept away from dairy due to acne and haven't gone back. Having said that if I'm having coffee out I do tend to have it with cow's milk as I don't like soya milk!