Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increase in oestrogel and migraines from hell  (Read 746 times)

kdee69

Increase in oestrogel and migraines from hell
« on: May 26, 2019, 05:44:31 AM »

After five years of hitting peri and then full meno, my migraines also decided to take over my life. I started oestrogel at beginning of April and incredibly they completely disappeared. Two pumps. I noticed about three weeks ago that the flushes were returning so upped the gel to three pumps. Flushed disappeared but migraines returned -with a vengeance. My question is, all signs point to the extra oestrogel dose but I don't want to reduce it if it makes no difference. I can live with the flushes compared to the migraines and am happy to drop. Does anyone know whether a spike in oestrogen may be the cause?

Hurdity

Re: Increase in oestrogel and migraines from hell
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:43:13 AM »

Your post got missed - they quickly drop off the page....

Sudden increases and falls in oestrogen and progesterone falling can all cause headaches. With increase in oestrogen the headache should go once your body acclimatises if this is the cause. Why not try reducing to 2.5 pumps and see if things improve?

Otherwise if it doesn;t settle maybe try patches since you might be sensitive to the spikes n oestrogen - although theoeretically this shouldn;t happen with oestrogel as it builds up a reservoie in the skin and the blood as far as I understand!

Hope your migraines ease soon.

Hurdity x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »

kdee69, I had a very similar experience and have only just got to the bottom of it after nearly 15 years.

I'm sending you a PM.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »

:bighug: