Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan feeling jittery!  (Read 1750 times)

Cassie

Utrogestan feeling jittery!
« on: May 23, 2019, 12:24:27 PM »

Does anyone else find that Utrogestan makes them feel very wired up? I know that its supposed to have a sedatory effect but it has the complete opposite with me. I am feeling like I have had way too much caffeine, getting palpitations and insomnia. Am on day 4 of a 12 day cycle, some months are worse than others, I long cycled and have not had it for about 8 weeks so could be why, but its certainly not making me feel drowsy & relaxed. As for the bloating, I feel about 6 months preggers!  ::)

racjen

Re: Utrogestan feeling jittery!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »

It gave me insomnia and seemed to kickstart the daily anxiety I suffer from now, so definitely not sedating in my case either. Maybe you need to try something else - although Utrogestan should in theory be easier to tolerate as body-identical, it seems be the progesterone that causes most problems if this forum is anything to go by.

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 12:39:30 PM »

Me too - very, very hot, wired, horrible palpitations & with increasing use, almost total insomnia.  Tried 3 times with different dosages of oestradiol but the same outcome, though tolerated the conti Utro longest (5 weeks) on the highest dose of oestrogen (75mcg).  Dreadful stuff!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »

Oh blimey - YES
I tried it a few months ago and it was pretty horrible, within 2-3 days of taking it, I was  a jibbering jumping jack. No sleep, twitchy etc etc. Needless to say didn't get as far as day 4!
Back on femeston now- much kinder.

GJP

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »

Does anyone else find that Utrogestan makes them feel very wired up? I know that its supposed to have a sedatory effect but it has the complete opposite with me. I am feeling like I have had way too much caffeine, getting palpitations and insomnia. Am on day 4 of a 12 day cycle, some months are worse than others, I long cycled and have not had it for about 8 weeks so could be why, but its certainly not making me feel drowsy & relaxed. As for the bloating, I feel about 6 months preggers!  ::)

Are you on any Oestrogen therapy as well? I started on Oestrogel and Utrogestan orally 300mgs and my sleeping really improved. Was on it days 17-28 but was off it and my sleep has been terrible. Am awaiting blood test to see my Oestrogen and Progesterone levels. If you are taking it on its own there could be an imbalance. Also if you do not have enough Progesterone on board you will spike cortisol which will give you palpitations and insomnia, as I know from experience! The Dr is just trying to get my levels right.

racjen

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

I'm really confused because the last two posts contradict each other - 'if you do not have enough Progesterone on board you will spike cortisol which will give you palpitations and insomnia', or 'your adrenals use progesterone to make cortisol' implying that too much progesterone will give you palpitations and insomnia. Can both be true; is it a case of both too much and too little causing the same problem? I know that does seem to be the case with a lot of hormonal problems, but it doesn't half complicate matters. Can I ask where you both got the information you posted, just to try and clarify?

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »

I am on oestrogel as well and I agree, the statement does leave me confused as well, as far as I am concerned the latter applies, the adrenals use progesterone to make cortisol, which is why it leaves us feeling jittery.... :-\

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 10:09:12 PM »

Definitely not, I would say a lot less.