Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Provera  (Read 924 times)

Nellie Noo

Provera
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »

Good morning ladies ... is there any ladies that take provera  every day ? ie continuous .
Seems to be really agreeing with me ....thank goodness; but as I'm now 54 nearly 55 , was wondering whether to approach the gp and ask if I can take daily just to avoid the monthly bleed . Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it daily they would share. Thank you x

racjen

Re: Provera
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 12:16:45 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo, I'm in exactly the same position - had been on utrogestan for a while and really couldn't get on with it, then tried one month on Provera and it was so much better I couldn't believe it. Only trouble was the withdrawal was worse, and as I'm postmenopausal I'd much rather take it all the time if it works for me, apart from anything else who wants periods if they don't have? My GP wasn't sure if Provera is licensed for continuous use, but it was pointed out to me on a different thread that according to the Treatments link on this site it is. So I've sent the link to my GP and now waiting for a reply. Will keep you posted.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:59:15 PM »

Thank you racjen for your reply . I am thinking the same ... although it suits me much better than others i have tried .. its those days when you finish that are not so good ! I have also read on this site that it can be used continuously ....so yes please can you let me know how you get with your doctor . Thank you x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »

Nellie Noo - Here is the link to the section about progesterones and the way to use them:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Print this off to show you GP - not sure why they say MPA in one section and then Medroxyprogesterone in the other - it's all the same thing!!!!

Taking this progesterone on a continuous basis you may be able to use the lower daily dose and this may work really well for you if you've been feeling good on the Provera thus far. You can get some erratic bleeding at first on any conti HRT regime and if you are using quite a high dose of oestrogen then the 5mg may be necessary. You can also try continuous and if you don't like it you can go back to sequential - a win, win situation.   DG x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:51:35 PM »

Brilliant ! Thank you Dancing Girl ... much appreciated x