Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Alternatives to HRT?  (Read 688 times)

Jackanory

Alternatives to HRT?
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »

I saw a bit of the menopause section on BBC Breakfast TV the other day, and the expert was needless to say, chirping on about how great HRT is. She also mentioned in passing a couple of times that there are alternative treatments to HRT for those who can't take HRT, but she didn't elaborate.

My mum had breast cancer, so HRT is not an option for me, and anyway, the doctors at my local surgery are old school and very reluctant to prescribe HRT even to the most desperate of people.

Anyway, does anybody know what the alternatives to HRT are? Was the expert meaning anti-depressants which I have been offered a couple of times but declined. I am not aware of there being anything else other then herbal remedies, which I believe are also oestrogenic and consequently not recommended for people with a family history of breast cancer.

Thanks xx

Shadyglade

Re: Alternatives to HRT?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »

Hi Jackanory,

If you go to the second to top bar, on this web page, and click on treatments.  Then scroll down and there are two Alternative sections to explore.

Also we have an 'Alternatives' section on the forum you can explore, where members discuss Alternatives.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html

Hope that helps

Jackanory

Re: Alternatives to HRT?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »

That's great, thanks for your help