Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Parliamentary inquiry into the difficulties we face getting treatment  (Read 1061 times)

Robin

The coverage of menopause on BBC breakfast has been excellent so far and well worth watching.

There is to be a parliamentary inquiry into the difficulties women face in getting menopause diagnosed and treated!

JaneinPen

Have to say I am really impressed too.  I am going to direct my two daughters to the iPlayer when they have put all the segments together at the end of the week.  A lot of women watching will be wishing they live in Dumfries with the excellent care in the hospital there. Thought Dr. Currie was great too

Robin

Yes I thought Dr currie came across very well too.

I've been wondering how to finally broach the subject with my kids and think that's a great idea herdwick

Rosie63

Yes, I agree.  I think they're covering it very well.  My only observation at the moment is that they appear to think that the meno journey lasts about 5 years and then you come out the other side and all's well.  From my experience and clearly from other ladies' experiences documented on here, this isn't always the case, sadly !!

Rosie63 x

atalanta

Maybe as part of the inquiry they will look at unannounced withdrawal of Femsequi products. It seems quite astonishing that a treatment relied upon by thousands in the UK was just quietly taken off the market without, it would seem, GPs and pharmacists being notified. The company who bought the license do say they hope to bring it back in 2020 but who knows...   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

A medic on BBC1 Lunchtime news told the reporter that 'the message is getting out there' and was met with 'but it is very slow' - 'it's getting there gradually'  :cuss:  yep, we know that already  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya

Maybe a group of us should chain ourselves to the gates at parliament like the suffragettes did....they got heard didn't they? 😂

CLKD

But if I panic when chained up  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya

You'll have me/ us there to help calm you....sorted then....🙂
Meet you at...........🙂🙂😆

CLKD

>wave< let me know how you get on ........ I don't do hot weather, rain, hail, snow ............  :whist:

Robin

Count me in jillydoll but don't lose the keys!

CLKD

:D ..........