Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan ma missed period  (Read 1260 times)

Spangles

Utrogestan ma missed period
« on: April 25, 2019, 04:40:46 AM »

Hi,
I've recently lowered my dose from 200 to 100, I haven't had a period.
Do I take the next course of utrogestan as normal or not.
Thanks

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan ma missed period
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »

Are you taking it every day or 12 days a month? If cyclical I think go back to 200, if you're not having a bleed 100 is insufficient for you as the lining will build up.

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »

Hi Sheil99,
GP was fine that I'd had no bleed as I've recently had a scan and have almost no lining due to a previous ablation. On 200 though I was getting a very painful forced bleed. I'm just unsure as to weather I should take the utrogestan on the due day or wait? I use it for 12 days.
xXx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 10:58:08 AM »

If it was me I would. Not sure I understand though, if you don't take it on the due date when would you take it?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »

Normally if you take too much progesterone so that the lining overthins - this can cause ulceration and bleeding as a result of endometrial atrophy. However I have not idea what happens when you've had an ablation in this respect. I know that progesterone still has to be taken as the lining is not completely removed but I wonder if excess progesterone can still cause abnormal bleeding rather than (normal) progesterone withdrawal bleeding as is usual with sequential HRT?

In that case I would see if you can ask again about the scan your recently had - did the sonographer or gynae report back in detail to your GP about the appearance of your lining? Maybe with U/S scan it's not possible to see any ulceration - I think that's probably only visible after hysteroscopy ( maybe TransVagScan too?).

If the progesterone is too high (because of your ablation) which is causing the bleeding, and the bleeding is not progesterone withdrawal bleeding, then the 100 mg would be better. I think I would seek further expert advice on this because it really does depend on what caused the bleeding and your GP will not know this.

It may be that a longer cycle would be appropriate in your case or a lower dose - but it's not possible to guess. Maybe someone else with ablation might be a ble to help - or if not start another post or change the title to draw other members attention to this (ie ablation)?

Hurdity x