Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: No period for six months then one out of the blue!  (Read 1018 times)

lizzog

No period for six months then one out of the blue!
« on: April 24, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »

Wondered what was going on for the last week - night sweats, palpitations, tired etc., then started a period on Saturday - not heavy, just normal flow, but today I've suddenly got cramps.
I take Oestrogel and have a mirena, am nearly 53 and feel like I've been going through the menopause forever  >:(
Anyone had this?  It just feels like it's going on forever- thought I'd be stopping bleeding by now!

Katejo

Re: No period for six months then one out of the blue!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »

Wondered what was going on for the last week - night sweats, palpitations, tired etc., then started a period on Saturday - not heavy, just normal flow, but today I've suddenly got cramps.
I take Oestrogel and have a mirena, am nearly 53 and feel like I've been going through the menopause forever  >:(
Anyone had this?  It just feels like it's going on forever- thought I'd be stopping bleeding by now!
During the end of peri menopause (aged 50-51 ish), I had very widely spaced periods (gaps of 7-8 months). It only happened a couple of times and then they stopped completely. They were very light periods (lasting no more than 2-3 days). I wasn't on any HRT then so can't help with that.

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »

That's reassuring to hear!! I feel like there's no end in sight at the moment!

AG

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »

Seems "normal" to me as far as anything can be called normal related to peri. I am hoping to be near the end of this peri nuisance (nearly 50) and have been having gaps of 3-4 months between periods over the last 1 1/2 years and then sometimes two light periods within a few weeks. The last gaps were more like 4 and 2 months, and luckily my symptoms have become less severe, not on HRT (yet). Good luck. AG