Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: VA uti symptoms i going mad  (Read 1816 times)

suzysunday

VA uti symptoms i going mad
« on: April 17, 2019, 04:41:24 PM »

Used Ovestin for months still getting pressure in bladder etc.  Seemed to ease then last couple of weeks come back. At wits end. Scared of systemic hrt after bleeding and biopsy.  When others get these pressure wee feelings does it make you feel ill generally, tired and lethargic?  Feel like screaming.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA uti symptoms i going mad
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »

How often are you getting up in the night because lack of sleep can cause all kinds of problems.

Maybe see your Practice nurse for a chat?  Do you take a pain relief which can relax the bladder over-all?

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »

Yes I take pain relief but doesn't seem to help.  I know lack of sleep makes it worse but it happens when I sleep ok. I get up 3 or 4 times in night.  Last couple of weeks been. rubbish.  I want to feel ok.  Getting desperate.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »

Has there been any relief of symptoms in the last few weeks?  [sorry, can't remember  :-\]

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »

Yes I have some good days and then it comes back.  These last 2 weeks have been worse though.  I can't seem to get on top of it for any good length of time.  I am trying the ovestin nightly for a week to see if any improvement.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »

can so  relate  Suzysunday sounds so similar to me 😔.....i have this constant pressure feeling below navel of wanting a wee....have had this since early December.....have now been prescribed with Estring though not used it yet .....I'm persevering with Vagifem although it gives me headaches.....and not much relief ......awaiting a bladder scan ......hope the ovestin helps you.....i have tried that also but found it irritated more.....we are all different what suits one doesn't do for another....like you i just want to feel normal .....🤗 xx

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 10:08:01 PM »

Totally fed up tonight.  Are you on any other hrt.  I thought I was getting on top of it a while ago but feel back at square one this last couple of weeks. Don't want any scans I can't bear going to see the health professionals prodding around again.  Sick of myself.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 10:17:01 PM »

Nope not on anything else.....know what you mean about tests prodding and poking.....so fed up too 😔.....then my brain goes into overdrive and i think i have all sorts....i find it so difficult to explain to the doctor my symptoms .....she doesn't seem to understand the word pressure .....not a pain.....i will have this bladder scan as it's non invasive but I won't agree to having a camera......have you tried the Estring? xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 07:26:20 AM »

If I have irritable symptoms I put a dose into the vagina mid-afternoon with pain relief and another that night .

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »

Really don't fancy estring .awake most of night weeing and pulsating with anxiety.  Feel wretched.

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:01 AM »

Really don't fancy estring .awake most of night weeing and pulsating with anxiety.  Feel wretched.
Have you asked your GP for a urogynaecologist  referral ? I think that might help you.    Have a look at this thesis abstract. The author is the consultant who saw me recently. She is taking over from Professor James Malone.  http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1364560/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:09:56 AM by Katejo »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 09:40:45 AM »

suzysunday - have you tried taking Nytol or Sleepeeze - the antihistamine ones from the chemist counter.  Anti histamines can help calm down the bladder and reduce the need to pee so often. I believe antihistermines are used to help interstitial cystitis because it reduces the irritation of the bladder.  The other great benefit about Nytol or Sleepeeze is that they will help you sleep.  If you use Nytol or Sleepeeze too often they will stop working (the body becomes accustomed to it) so I sometimes use these for 2-3 nights at a time and then go 7-10 days without but I find that using an anithistermine for 2-3 days can break the pattern of waking to pee so often for several nights after I stop using it.   Worth a try? DG x

suzysunday

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »

Thanks for replies. I was given antihistamines by gp a while ago and they made me feel ill, pressure on my chest.  Have to think what to do, have appointment with gp next Friday who deals with hrt.  Just want to be well, as though my life has been taken over by all this.

suzysunday

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »

Thanks for the link birdy, heard talk of this before. Took urine sample this week, negative.  How do you tell GP how to test urine.  I know they send them to a lab.