Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil advice please  (Read 770 times)

Gail 56

Mirena coil advice please
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »

So I have had the Mirena coil as part of my HRT for the last four years. Looking back I spotted on and off for around 12 months then it settled down and has been great for the last 3 years. Had it replaced in late December, was fine to begin with then started spotting again plus last month though I was having a period in fact it only lasted a few hours. Pretty much one month later the same has happened again. Had on and off spotting between the two.
I am waiting to have a scan to make sure all is ok ( had one 3 years ago which was fine)
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks

Tinkerbell

Re: Mirena coil advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »

How long did you have the previous Mirena? Maybe it was running low and you have had a bit of a build up of womb lining and the new one is now thinning that.

Gail 56

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:37:13 PM »

Hi

Thanks for reply.
I had it for 4 years as recommended. I had thought that. It's 4 months since the new one was put in. I didn't think I would go through all the spotting and odd bleed this time .... silly me  :)

Orangefoot

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »

Mirena releases more hormone in the first three months then it tapers off more after a year.

What you might be experiencing is more progesterone than you've been used to and that's what's causing spotting.