Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dry skin? Recommendation  (Read 2448 times)

Clarekins

Dry skin? Recommendation
« on: April 10, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »

Hi ladies, just thought I'd share :)
Since being plunged into the menopause 3 months ago I have found my skin is so dry, particularly on my face and have spent a small fortune trying different products. I've just purchased a serum and moisturiser from Vichy, they have a menopause range!
Have been using it for a few days and my skin feels so much better!
Just thought it may help others and the website escentual.com has 33% off.
( and no, I'm not a salesperson! ;D)

Jillm

Re: Dry skin? Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:12:51 PM »

Clarekins,

Thanks for the tip, my skin has been the same for the last couple of months. On my third new face cream, still feeling dry, not nice.
I'll check the website.
Thanks again
Jill

Maxwin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »

Will give this a try I think my Olay has been my main cream for years but need a change, I wonder if they do trial samples, will check it out. thank you for tip

Countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »

I'm trying Lacura (Aldi own brand) creams and lotions at the moment as my skin is so dry too, found the no 7 I've used for years irritated my skin x

Clarekins

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »

Countrygirl, I was using Aldi creams also, as I found they were the best ones for my skin compared to a lot of others I had tried, always seemed to go back to them and cheap too.  :)

Ambergirl

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »

I would agree that Vichy Neovadiol is really great for meno skin. I have been using it for about a year and all of the dry patches on my cheeks are gone. I also used the serum and the night cream. Got it all on a deal from Boots.

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »

Hi ladies,

a body moisturiser with an AHA in can help. Also those gloves you wear in the shower which exfoliate are brill. Google will come up with a few sugestions, all sold in Boots. Bathing in oats ( using a muslin bag) can sooth skin. 

Peppermintyx

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 05:11:12 PM »

Hello ladies.

Ages ago I saw Miranda Hart interviewed and she said that she swam in her local pool everyday but hated following the cracked heels of old ladies. Ever since I have been determined not to have dry and cracked heels lol! I recently started using lanolin cream used by breast feeding mothers to treat cracked nipples and it's worked very well. I put it on my feet twice daily and my feet are much better. It's a very thick and sticky cream so not lot is required which is just as well because it's not cheap but maybe worth a try?

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 05:16:51 PM »

Vaseline - applied often, a small amount will suffice
Savlon - for cracked heels, pushed deeply into the sore areas
Nivea - as necessary, where necessary

What exactly does a menopausal product consist of  :-\

Hopeful1

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »

I've started using cetraben mostuiser from Boots after I read it's what the BBCs Dr michael moselys GP wife Claire Bailey uses. I assumed she knows her stuff. It works for my dry face skin and is cheap at under £5.

Reen

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 12:48:03 PM »

I've fund that the skin on my body has become really very dry, especially my limbs. Any tips on heavy duty body moisturisers would be greatly appreciated!