Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1844 times)

LouLou

New to Forum
« on: April 09, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »

Hi, just a brief introduction :)
I am new to this forum - I've been suffering with menopause symptoms for a long time, probably more than I realise, but was "trying" to deal with things naturally, I was putting off HRT as I just wasn't sure about taking it :-\
However, this changed as I've been off work - suffering with stress (it's a long story  :-\) but basically I was having palpitations, dizziness (had this on & off for years!) & breathlessness - was assessed in hospital & all tests were negative & normal, which was great news!
I decided then to give the HRT a try - started using Estrogel & Utrogestan (100 mg tablet) - oh my god, I couldn't believe the difference in just a couple of days!! ;D I felt amazing! I wondered if it was a "placebo" effect, perhaps psychological? but this continued and I have truly felt incredible - no side effects that I'm really aware of, besides in the first couple of days, I had very slight"dizziness" after taking the Utrogestan, but I read on this forum it was suggested to take it at night time, which I've been doing & it was better. In the first couple of weeks (this is my 4th week on HRT), I had SO much energy! I felt like a different person. All my hot flushes have stopped and I've been sleeping all night, every night! My palpitations, dizziness & breathlessness (& anxiety) have also stopped. I've noticed a change in my hair, it's much softer & shinier and not as brittle & it's getting thicker. Is all this possible in just 4 weeks?
I've spoken with my GP & she says it is - that it can be life changing for some women.
I just have one query - not sure if this should be in another post ::) - I was very poorly last week with a virus, it's still lingering a little and I'm feeling "wiped out", exhausted and tired - I really hope this isn't any side effect of the HRT? Perhaps I just need to wait for my body to recover fully - It's come as a shock after feeling so good for the last couple of weeks! :o :o
If you've got this far, thanks for reading  :-*

JaneinPen

Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:18:42 AM »

Welcome LouLou.  I really hope you continue to feel better and that the virus was exactly that and not HRT meds related. Keep posting. Lots of ladies will go through anything we post about on here and there is always good advice to be had and lots of hugs as well

Pink68

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:39:02 AM »

Welcome loulou I am new to the forum as well, the ladies on here are so knowledgeable and are great with advice.
I hope you continue to feel great and you are just feeling the after effects from your virus. I think this is great when you read how HRT  can turn someone's life around, especially when you have been feeling so many things. X

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 09:20:43 AM »

Welcome Loulou

So glad you're feeling better, hrt can be life changing I know it was for me x

Holsy

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:19:09 PM »

Hi LouLou

Do you mind me asking you why you chose the estrogel instead of the patch? My doctor talked me into the patch as she said that the gel was too much hassle..... Is there any difference between the 2 in terms of dosage and their success rate of one being better than the other?

Thanks

LouLou

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »

Hi Meno19,
Rightly or wrongly I chose the gel purely based on the Menopause TV programme that Mariella Throstrup did - I thought it was very informative & she'd done a lot of research. And also, I figured that the patch would be too fiddly for me, might perhaps come off in the shower etc, so I went with the gel - so far it has been amazing & I find it so easy to use.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »

Well done!  Don't knock the well being.  A Germ can make us feel wiped out, there's a nasty one going around!

R U feeling generally better?  Hang onto the GP  ;)

Holsy

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 05:37:36 PM »

Hi LouLou

I didn't see that programme - I'll try and find it. Sounds interesting, thank you. Hope you're starting to feel better after the bug.  :)

LouLou

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »

Hi Meno19, I think you should still be able to watch it on catchup, it's interesting and informative  ;)
CKLD, yes I do feel so much better overall- I've spoken with my GP today- she seems to think it's the virus that is still in my system, hopefully I'll be better soon  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

Did your GP suggest : rest?  Prosecco? Good book, warm bath, massage  :D

Rosie77

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 11:59:34 PM »

Hi loulou!  I just started week 4 of HRT today.  I'm on the patch.  So happy to read you are doing well on treatment.  My energy and mood are a little better.  If my dizzies would lessen, I'd be a happy girl!
 Hope that bug leaves you soon!
 :welcomemm:

Holsy

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »

Hi LouLou

I've found the programme thanks, I'll watch it today.

I found drinking lots & lots of water and some green tea or chamomile tea eased my tummy after having the bug. You need lots of rest too as it's hard to get your appetite back. 

Take care x