Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and gel  (Read 2425 times)

Anjia

Anxiety and gel
« on: April 06, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »

I have recently swapped from patch to gel I only need oestrogen. I started on one pump but put 2 on this morning well now my anxiety is through the roof surely it can't work so fast it's just to much for me the patch I used was 50mcg .?

Anjia

Re: Anxiety and gel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:50:29 AM »

Yes maybe should have used one and a half pumps ?

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »

It can also be different methods of getting the oestrogen

Patches made me all jittery and nervous whereas a higher dose by gel is fine for me x

Joesmum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »

Hi Anjia,
Yep same happened to me.
I was on EVOREL patch 50mcgs and had to switch to Estrogel.
I was fine on 2 pumps but when I upped to 3 pumps the anxiety was horrific! Through the roof! AND major depression too. It all happened within an hour of adding the 3rd pump.
I stuck with it for a week ( how I don't know) but then threw the towel in and dropped back to 2 pumps.
I think with the delivery method being different how we absorb and react differs too.
Try staying on your 1 pump for a bit longer before increasing to 2 pumps.
The increases need to be MUCH SLOWER for some.

Anjia

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:38:59 AM »

Thanks Joesmum do you feel better now using the gel also do you need testosterone I'm thinking of asking for it today but not sure if it's best to see how I go with the gel ?

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 11:18:47 AM »

I need hrt for flushes and nightsweats also I get very bad headaches when I try to come off .

Joesmum

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »

Birdy - so true. The anxiety levels can be utterly horrific. Hence having to raise slowly.

Anjia - I do feel better on the gel but have had to raise incredibly slowly to 3 pumps because of the anxiety levels. I don't use testosterone but I'm still not fully well. My fatigue is not gone.

Anjia

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »

Well I just can't get on with gel and I am totally fed up there's no way I can try for 3 months so this morning I've put a patch back on I no that won't work the reason being was why I changed to gel ! Bloody Fed up have been on HRT for 6 years and just can't seem to get a balance I don't need progesterone had a hysterectomy and gp won't even think about testosterone !

Anjia

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »

My gp says blood tests are unreliable and goes by symptoms there's been no mention of meno clinic and I'm not sure even if there is one near our area il have to save and go private 🙄

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 05:54:27 PM »

Whenever you introduce hormones into your body, start small. I realised this this year. I went from zero oestrogen to a level of 660, and I was off the wall anxious. I lay in a room having acupuncture, crying uncontrollably and I was sent home from work because I could not stop crying.
It is no fun and can put you off for life.
I am now on 2.5 pumps of gel and utrogestan 100 continuously and I am beginning to feel more hopeful, but it has taken a long time.
Be gentle and be patient.
Perhaps that is why the consultant told me to start with half patches? The pharmacist queried it and tried to ring the consultant. Her reason was that it .might be less effective due to me also taking Tegretol. I have just asked another pharmacist in Boots but he seemed unsure.

Anjia

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »

I need to change Surgerys I have seen 3 different doctors not one would prescribe testosterone.