Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling lost , Mirena  (Read 2055 times)

Tm666uk

Feeling lost , Mirena
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:21:38 PM »

Looking for advice as I'm lost confused and really don't know what's going on with my body.... I don't know where to turn to , long story short went for sterilisation talked into Mirena shortly after went In to early menopause got alopecia . Tried to convince Drs related to Mirena took me 6 years and the 2nd coil before convinced ... The long and short got coil removed December and now the last 2 months I have had a period bang on time. Totally confused don't want to waste Doctors time but haven't a clue what's happening to me 😟😟😟😟 . Does anyone relate to this any help guidance is greatly appreciated 😀

Perinowpost

Re: Feeling lost , Mirena
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 06:25:28 AM »

How old are you Tm666uk? Perhaps you're still peri menopausal hence the period once you had the Mirena removed as it will have been suppressing them x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »

I'm confused too! What did sterilisation entail? Do you still have overies and womb? Did you have a blood test that showed you were in meno? I'm wondering if it was just the mireno suppressing you periods. If it was me I would ask gp for a blood test to see where you are in meno.

Tm666uk

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »

Hi I'm 49, they wouldn't sterilise me I finished with my family and wanted a more permanent solution to contraception. They offered me the coil instead and a short while after getting it they diagnosed menopause through blood tests.... I also got Alopecia and lost  eyebrows and all eyelashes 😩. The doctor researched it along with my notes and said she thought I was intolerant to the progesterone. After 3 months second coil was removed. That was December I have had spotting but the past 2 months I have got regular heavy periods back and just lost as to go back to the Doctor? Am I peri menopausal or was it the coil. I'm really lost thank you for your replies 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »

"They" can't refuse .......... mine sterilisation was never queried, I expected to be told that DH had to sign the Consent Form so I was ready for a battle.  I didn't want a family .........

Do use contraception!!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 05:23:59 PM »

Hi Tm66. I don't think it is possible to diagnose your menopause status while you have the mirena coil. The coil often does stop periods completely and they will return when the coil is removed. Have you had any meno symptoms since you have been coil-less?

Also, as CLKD says, it is really important that you use contraception now that you don't have the coil.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:31:21 PM »

Also you can't diagnose menopause from blood tests. They can tell you that you are peri-menopausal but are notoriously unreliable and nowadays one blood test alone is not sufficient to diagnose early menopause anyway. As Taz says the only way to tell is through your cycle and you didn't have one due to the Mirena. As it's now come back (your cycle) then looks like you are not menopausal, although going by what they said (ie that you were menopausal) you should go back to the doc to get checked out just in case there is anything untoward causing the bleeding eg fibroids or polyps. rather than your normal menstrual cycle. It certainly is not wasting the docs time - that's what they're there for!

Hurdity x

Tm666uk

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'm in Scotland and they are reluctant to sterilise it's all down to money will happily sterilise men as cheaper!!!! When Dr diagnosed me she said early menopause as I was just into my 40s and really wasn't helpful I had irregular bleeding with coil after a while and they sent me to the gyna and she took a biopsy ( most Terryfying thing to happen) I was traumatised they didn't warn me just when they were checking said Oh we will just do a little biopsy!!! I'm pretty tough but that hurt LOL.... I first went as I was Hot flushing and not sleeping I have also an underactive thyroid and wasn't sure what was going on at the time. I do feel now I've been misdiagnosed no wonder my hair fell out as well as the coil I had to use estrogen as they said I had to have estrogen because of the risk of osteoporosis.. I am currently reduced rousing Condoms for contraception as I want to see what my body is doing without anything.When I first got coil removed  the flushes came back and no sleeping but quickly went and I'm back to being cold and sleeping for Scotland LOL. Sorry long post but I'm so confused and we are short on Doctors and when phone for an app I have to get through the receptionist who wants to know why I need an app!!! I don't want to explain to her small town and know them.