Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Colpotrofin 10mg/g  (Read 2111 times)

Otter15

Colpotrofin 10mg/g
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »

Hi ladies
Does anybody know anything about colpotrofin? The gynaecologist in Spain told me to get it for external VA. My Spanish isn't great but the leaflet says use once or twice a day, which seems a lot to me. Is this weaker than the ovestin 1mg/g which I usually use?
Thanks

Otter15

Re: Colpotrofin 10mg/g
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Will give it a go.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »

Hi Otter15

I've looked this up and this is not available in UK. The info says it is a synthetic oestrogen cream so we have no info on how strong it is compared to Ovestin but I suspect might be stronger if it has a synthetic oestrogen - but of course depends on the concentration. Just looked it up and it's 1 % ie 10 mg active ingredient per g of cream.

Up to you whether you want to use it - personally I would prefer a bio-identical oestrogen ie estradiol ( Vagifem) or estriol ( Ovestin or generic estriol cream).

The only info I could find quickly was in Spanish so vaguely got the idea. Progestogens weren't mentioned so I presume there is little systemic absorption as with UK vag oestrogens but I only gave a quick look and my medical Spanish consisted of understanding words sounding like their English counterpart together with general words I knew!!

Hurdity x

Otter15

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

I didn't feel comfortable with it as I thought it might be synthetic and I'm not sure about using that.

Think I'll buy some ovestin - at least I know where I am with that.

It's good  I can buy it myself here!!

Thanks for your help.

Otter15

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »

Hi annamuller

I've just read the article, thank you. It was very reassuring, particularly when discussing minimal absorption and who it's recommended for.

Thanks for that.