Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: MELTDOWN  (Read 1934 times)

Sgtvhilts

MELTDOWN
« on: March 26, 2019, 04:37:36 PM »

hi
Aarrrggg- I am having a mood meltdown.
On the urogestan part of my Everol patch HRT day 4.  Is it me or has anyone else had a urogeston nightmare.  really down, tearful, jittery.
I've decided to stop , and go back to feneston sequi, BUT i really can't face taking another 10 days of this horrible stuff.
So question is how do i stop sensibly.
1)DO i just stop it all, including the patch and start femeston on the next bleed.
2) start day 4 of the progesteron part of the femeston packet
3) any other suggestions
one thing for sure i'm not taking any more of uro!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: MELTDOWN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »

:bighug:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »

If it was me I'd go for option 2 but I'm not qualified to advise. I'd suggest the everel oestrogen patches and try a different progesterone eg utrogestan. Unless you're in peri and are likely to have a natural bleed?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

I am on the utrogestan- that's the trouble🤯

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »

When I tried Femoston 1/10 and 2/10 I was fine in the oestrogen tabs, but within 3 days of starting the combined tabs I sank into the most dreadful low mood, I thought I was losing my mind. It was horrific. People should not underestimate how dreadful progesterone can make you feel if you are highly intolerant to it. In the most extreme cases in case drive women to suicide.

I know take 100mg of Utrogestan for just 7 days per month and I barely notice it because it is so heavily buffeted by my 4 pumps of gel.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 07:05:09 PM »

Thanks
I was okay on femeston 1&2, changed because of returning symptoms. I am fine with the Evorel patches, but the utrogestan is awful🤯.
It took me a long time to find a ‘pill' that suited me because of the same type of symptoms I'm getting now. The progesterone in femeston is almost the same as in my old pill marvalon.
I have been told to take 200mgs for 12 days- that is going to send me doolally.
I really don't want to take anymore.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 07:36:36 PM »

...... and murder  :-\.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 11:26:12 PM »

I'm use utro too and I get extreme fatigue when I'm on it. I'm due to start it soon but we start lambing at the weekend when I get little sleep and can really do without utro too. I may try & stretch this cycle. Have you discussed provera or Mirena coil with your GP? I don't know if it's an option but would it be possible to use femeston and add a pump of oestrogel?

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 06:32:58 AM »

Good morning Sgtvhilts

Yes I couldn't get on with Utrogestan and so changed to Provera for the progesterone part,it took a couple of months to get used to but for me it's much better. The only drawback is you have to take it orally but for me it was the only option left. You would then be able to continue with the Evorel patches.

Lanzalover x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 08:57:52 AM »

hi,
Last night , had a fit of peak and stripped the patch off and didn't take the urogestan!. My mood is better this morning- maybe psychological!
I will wait for a bleed now then start back on femeston......
If find remebering to stick/change the patch and swallow the urog a pain- rather just swallow just 1 pill..........