Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 1227 times)

Elmsey

Palpitations
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:19:05 PM »

Hi
I can not find anything on here about this. I have been taking HRT since September 2017. I have been on Femoston 1/10 for about a year. Recently, I have been experiencing the odd break through flushes, normally waking me up early in the morning. In th last few weeks I have been having Heart palpitations- quite frequently. I am not sure if this is related to Menopause or HRT?
Does anyone know?

Thank you

Tinkerbell

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »

I have always suffered with palpitations but they got worse during peri, i am now post meno and still get them. I am on Estrogel which has really helped with them but if a miss a dose they come back with a vengeance.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

You could just get them checked out but as Tinkerbell says many women get them when oestrogen is low, as a menopausal symptom, so if you've also been getting flushes back again then maybe think about going up to Femoston 2/10 to see if this helps?

Hurdity x

anais

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

I suffer with ectopics. Once I hit the menopause proper the ectopics became much more frequent. I can't say that HRT helps but in my experience viral illnesses like flu seem to make the ectopics much more frequent. I had my third 24 hour ECG (yes! my third since the menopause!) in October but they aren't at any sort of treatment threshold so I'm told it's benign and ‘normal'.

Please get your palpitations checked out. A normal ECG is just a snapshot, but chances are you'll get one anyway as a matter of routine. You need a 24 hour ECG that you wear going about your daily business, including overnight when you are sleeping. Chances are you're fine, but we need to be wary as we're now “ladies of a certain age”.

Hetty2018

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »

I too have been experiencing these recently and the return of my hot flushes and am wondering if I need to up my oestrogen ?