Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 3885 times)

Spangles

Advice please
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »

Hi,
I've been on HRT for around 7 years now, (evorel 50 and utrogestan 200/12). The past few months my symptoms have worsened. I'm seriously thinking of coming off it.
I'm nervous to try as I don't want to feel worse than I do already, the usual list of stuff, ups and downs, increased anxiety, aches and pains, digestive issues, etc, etc, etc!
I haven't a clue what to do, if I do stop, do I just stop or do it gradually as I've been on it a white?
Any advice greatly welcomed.
Thanks
Spangles
xXx

Dotty

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:36:30 AM »

Hi have you tried increasing the dose? X

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »

Hi Dotty,
No I haven't, I don't really want to increase the dose, my periods are very painful due to fibroids and cysts so I think it would just make that side of things worse.
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:57 AM »

:bighug:  I still remember how my painful periods made me feel  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »

Are you having regular scans to check on your fibroids as oestrogen will cause them to grow?

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

Hi ladies,
Thanks for your replies, I have an appointment tomorrow at the doctors so I will post an update then.
Thanks
Spangles
xXx

Spangles

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »

Hi Ladies,
So I went to see the doctor, after discussing pain and pms sympathy and everything else, I am going to try and half my HRT dose.
Instead of Evorel 50 and Utrogestan 200/12, I will start taking Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100/12.
Hopes this may reduce the pain and everything else. Hopefully I won't get a bleed and I can start to work out where I am on this journey, I'm just anxiously in case my symptoms worsen.
Any experience of this or any advice?
Oh I have a scan booked too, just to check all is well.
Thanks so much
Spangles
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 09:48:57 AM »

:bighug:

Spangles

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »

Hi Ladies,
So my scan showed that my fibroids have actually shrunk and the lining of my uterus is nice and thin.
I started my new regime; Evorel 25 and utrogestan 100/12.
First mont no bleed, doctor was happy with this due to the scan results. Second month and I've had no bleed again, did have some cramps for a while but took paracetamol and they didn't come back, yay!
However, my mood has dipped and my anxiety is high, actually feel quite rotten! Hopefully this is just hormones and not the start of a depression.
Any thoughts on this? On the whole, apart from the last few days I've actually felt better so I hope this dip doesn't last.
Thanks again for all your replies and kind words, they mean a lot.
xXx

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »

The only thing I know for sure is that low oestrogen causes low mood, sorry to say!
  Surely it is more complicated than that? Otherwise all women would suffer low mood as they lose oestrogen? I know I need .ore oestrogen but haven't had a problem with  mood.

pepperminty

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »

Hi spangles,

Keep with it for a while, as it maybe your body adjusting. But if you still feel bad/ worse, perhaps go back up again. I hope you feel better soon.

PMX

Spangles

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 06:14:51 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Just a quick update, I've missed two periods now and I'm about to start my progesterone course tonight. My mood is lower and I'm obsessing about depression because I obviously don't want another bout of depression, it's the first thing I think of when my mood dips! My hot flushes are back but not as bad as before HRT. I'm trying to ride this out, hopefully my body will adjust eventually. This progesterone course will take me to 3 months.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Spangles
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 06:34:06 PM »

Has the mood dip become worse in recent days?

See how you feel with the Progesterone ........... if necessary, try an anti-anxiety medication?

Spangles

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »

CLKD,
Yes I am waiting to see what happens with the progesterone, I already use citalopram. It's so confusing without a bleed, I'm not missing it though😂

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »

I never missed bleeds .......... messy, painful, annoying. 
Pages: [1] 2