Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Rage!!  (Read 2752 times)

Loubylou

Rage!!
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »

Hello

So I have been on utrogestan 200 for 12 days (100 didn't give me a withdrawl period at all).
Anyway, I am now on the withdrawl part from 200. It has been 5 days. I have never felt this angry, annoyed, irritated and tired in such a long time!! I really feel this drop in progesterone isn't good for me.

What tops is off is that I am still only getting a brown period. I am on a fairly high dose of estrogen so it can't be that safe to not be shedding lining properly.

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Dotty

Re: Rage!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »

Hi it could be that the lining hasn't thickened enough to bleed. Not everyone bleeds on hrt x

Loubylou

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:27:19 AM »

That can't be healthy

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »

If you are post menopause then you don't bleed x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »

It's within normal limits.  If there isn't a lining it won't shed, brown discharge was usual for me at the end of each period.  I would bleed.  Heavily, red, with clots  :-\ for 3 days.  Then miss 24 hours then pink blood in quantity.  Then miss 2 days followed by brown stain. 

Rage!  My husband learnt to duck  ;)

What would you like to ease?

Loubylou

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Thanks. I think I'm just finding it hard to understand that there isn't a lining. I have been on a high oestrogen dose and let it build for 2 months without progesterone.

Haha about learning to duck! What an understanding husband.

I want to reduce the emotional effects that I experience on the withdrawal. Don't want to feel like this at all. It's horrible. Plus I'm heavier and my skin has breakouts

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »

Could you take the Utrogestan continuously?

Tc

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »

I'm  now taking it continuously. I'm post meno. When I first took it and stopped it for a week I had no bleed and when I  was on femseven sequi I didnt bleed either. My eastrogen levels are very low and I think this is why.
Ian trying to stick with it continuously to try to avoid the withdrawal and I do feel some of the side effects I had when I first started it have subsided somewhat. I kind of feel my body might be getting used to it  but it's only been 8 weeks.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 01:41:53 PM »

Maybe stop for 6-8 weeks then review what your body requires Loubylou?

Tc

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »

Letting the eastrogen build before taking p?  I havent heard of that. Indidnt think progesterone stopped e levels from building.

If that's the case i might have to try stopping it too. I've never been on E without it and atm I am trying to find the reason my E levels wont budge from very low.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 01:52:57 PM »

Maybe TC your oestrogen has reached it's low.  Which is natural.  I don't think it disappears all together?  Reaches a status quo. 

Tc

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »

Clkd  I just plummeted to 129 after my operation and has stayed there despite HRT.  It's not realy natural because my ovaries have been removed

If using E on it's own without progesterone for a while would help the level build I would do it. I would do anything to be honest to feel an improvement in symptoms. I still feel as though my body is crying out for it.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »

Tnx for reminding me, I don't keep details very well  :-\.  What were your levels prior to surgery or did anyone think to measure?

Tc

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 02:31:39 PM »

Clkd. Thank you for asking. My bloods weren't taken before op.  at just turned 53  I might have been peri but it must have been very early peri if It was  as I had no symptoms whatsoever and regular as clockwork periods. I Woke up from the op in hot flush. It realy was that quick and then all the other symptoms hit me at once. Even VA came on so quickly.I feel like I've been hit by a truck and still csnt get up.!!

Loubylou

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »

Could you take the Utrogestan continuously?

Think I'm going to ask about this at my next appointment.