Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti Bleeding  (Read 982 times)

AH10

Everol Conti Bleeding
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »

Hi, just completing month 3 of everol conti HRT patches and I've had frequent bleeding and cramping  (6 periods in first 8 weeks). Previous to this my last period was circa 8 years ago.  My GP told me it could take up to 6 months to settle down as these patches shouldn't cause a bleed. With my current period I have an itch and a discharge. Been to pharmacy to get cream, however guess next stop is GP again if cream doesn't work.  Just wondered if anyone else had similar experience and if so how did it get resolved.  Many thanks.

Karen max

Re: Everol Conti Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:24:24 PM »

Hi AH10
I was put onto everol conti patchs months ago they did help with the hot flushes anxiety ect but after the second month they caused heavy bleeding which could last for up to 13-14 days then return back 10-12 later .
I'm post meno coming 5 yrs age 51

I ended up stop using everol conti as side effects were becoming too much for me
I'm now waiting on appointment for menopause clinic and hoping they can offer me something that will help , due the a few of the other patches being discontinued it making it worse for us to find a hrt to suit us
At minute I still have womb and ovaries but waiting to have surgery to have them removed as I'm suffering a bad prolapse but aiting time on operation is just awful

Kaz

AH10

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »

Thanks Kaz, like you the patches have helped me with flushes and anxiety but the side affects are starting to outweigh the benefits. Hope you get HRT to suit you and get your op soon.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 05:46:47 PM »

Hi AH10

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your bleeding. When you go to your 3 month review then do mention the bleeding and ask at what point you should be referred. As your GP said it could take 6 months to settle but in your case after not having a bleed for 8 years it may take longer or they might decide to have a quick look earlier. Did you have a scan before starting HRT after such a long period of time?

By the way how old are you? Some of us actually stay on cyclical HRT and have a regular bleed rather than bleeding randomly.

Hurdity x

AH10

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I'm 57, no scan before starting.  It all feels like trial and error doesn't it!  Next step is yet another discussion with GP.

AH x