Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT, heavy bleeding and fatigue  (Read 1221 times)

Is-she-is

• First Flush
HRT, heavy bleeding and fatigue
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »

Hi there
My first time posting in a forum - anywhere - ever! I am struggling on the journey into menopause and would really value your feedback and experience!  :) :) I am nearly 3 years into the menopause (one tiny period in 18 months prior to starting HRT a year ago)

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for many years but was improving and starting to thrive before the menopause started. Then my periods stopped age 45 and so did my energy! Day after day with zero energy in the tank which was quite different to CFS symptoms

I tried several HRT options with an endocrinologist and ended up on Everol 50 and Utrogesten 200 x 14 days every 3 months.

I got heavy bleeding every month for a long while so reduced to Everol 25. The bleeding stopped completely but so did the improved energy I had been experiencing.

Increased to 37.5 and some energy but back to excessive bleeding 8 days every month and particularly heavy on progesterone month (had decreased from monthly progesterone as also causes super heavy bleeding!)

This has been going on for well over 6 months.  I am wondering if I should even continue on HRT now as the bleeding is so exhausting and seems counter-intuitive when my periods had all but stopped. My endocrinologist thinks the bleeding could be because my body is still producing some oestrogen naturally but my sense was I was in full menopause when I started treatment. Both my mother and grandmother had menopause in early 40's.

I would be very very grateful for any thoughts or experience you lovely folk could offer. Thanks for reading!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT, heavy bleeding and fatigue
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:43 PM »

:welcomemm:  maybe put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice.

Heavy bleeding can be eased by medication.  Also, have you been checked for anaemia?  Also tiredness could be a lack of VitD levels so a blood test can show if you need capsules.

Mollys65

Re: HRT, heavy bleeding and fatigue
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »

I had the same heavy bleeding when I was on Evorel Conti.  I stuck it out for 6 months, hoping it would ease, but it never did.  I am now on Evorel Sequi (almost a month) and the bleeding has stopped.  However, have got lower back pain at the moment.  Maybe a change of patches might help you?  Good luck!