Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Wierd feeling  (Read 1599 times)

Lanie66

Wierd feeling
« on: February 16, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone can explain or empathise with this wierd feeling I'm experiencing about 3 or 4 times a day sometimes more but definitely its becoming more frequent.  Often it accompanies a hot flush but this morning I got it when I stepped into the shower (water wasn't too hot).  Anyway this feeling, it makes me feel like I can't get enough breath, though I'm not breathless.  I take deep breaths ok but they don't sort it out, it just passes itself in 5 or so minutes.  At the same time my heart feels like it's racing but I measured this morning and it was 76 bmp.  Also I simultaneously feel very lethargic and sluggish for how ever long it lasts.  It's a very uncomfortable worrying feeling. 

I'm 52, in peri, 9 months without a period and in reasonable health.  I get really bad hot flushes sometimes then other periods of mild ones.  Constantly changing skin condition and aches & pains, just par for the course really.

It's such a wierd feeling I wondered if anyone could identify it.

Thank you x

jaypo

Re: Wierd feeling
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »

Hi lanie, I have very weird feelings also,before a flush I get a surge of adrenaline, I only noticed this recently,I'd been back and forth to dr,trying to explain this almost like butterflies in my stomach but not quite,they gave me something for heartburn 🤨☹️😳,I knew it wasn't that,was so annoying but slowly I realised this feeling came just before one,have you checked?maybe it could be something to do with that,only a suggestion 😊

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »

Yes it's just what used to happen me too before a hot flushes. It's not exactly a breathless feeling but like your lungs suddenly feel empty of air.

Taz x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 04:01:07 PM »

Hi Lanie66
Do you suffer from anxiety?
My breathing gets affected when that strikes me.
Just can't take a deep breath, until I slow down my breathing, or bend forward.
My heart races at the same time.
Also, I had a period where I couldn't get a full breath, and I read somewhere it was due to low oestrogen levels, it felt different to the anxiety breathing, so when my oestrogen levels obviously got higher with hrt, it stopped, and I've never had that again. So it could be connected to your fluctuating hormones. As you say, you're in peri, so they'll be all over the place.
Or, it could be just connected to a hot flush. Some kind of instant thing connected to that that happens simultaneously. ?
You could pop to doctor and get checked out, if it continues, just for peace of mind if not for anything else....

Xx

Lanie66

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 05:59:36 PM »

Thanks all, some very interesting info there.  I'm pleased it's not just me.  The thing with visiting the GP is it's so difficult to explain some of the things happening, then you feel like a fraud, suppose it depends if you get a sympathetic doctor or not.  I'm off next week I'll maybe get it checked out.

It's such a wierd time, I'm quite sure it's no different for anyone else.  Just when I've  get to an age where I'm a bit more confident and settled, happy ish with my body/hair/skin/life it feels like the rug is being pulled away from underneath me!  Now retirement is in reach, my daughter will be leaving home for uni, and on top of that there's the menopause to put me in my place.  It's hard to stay positive   :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »

It does get better.  Different.  It's The Change, does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::)

Adrenaline 4 me is like hot water coursing through my veins.  Scared me HUGELY until I realised that it passed quite fast and didn't last long. 

Group  :hug:

Lanie66

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 08:31:37 AM »

Thanks CLKD and Birdy I'm a little happier that it's not a precursor to a heart attack.  There are SO many symptoms of The Change. I understand the cursing through your veins CLKD, I get that spreading feeling too, it's almost visual.  I discovered last night that this wierd feeling I asked about also radiates down my legs, they feel like they are buzzing.  You can forget anything you're doing for that period of time til it passes.  Like you say Birdy,  like a feeling of lack of oxygen during a panic attack, you need to let it pass.  At least I know in this case it'll be gone in 5 or 10 mins.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »

Hi Lanie66

I have had these occasionally - once a year or two back so dramatically that it was what I called a "funny turn". I had to sit down and felt really unwell until it passed. Also woke up in the night/early morning with it once and my BP was really high ( for me) - I have a home monitor.  Went to the doc because I was worried about my heart but all was normal. I still don't know what cuased it - I am well post-meno, in my 60's,  and on HRT and don't get panic attacks!

Hopefully yours is equally harmless but get checked out just in case, and if you are worried re your heart.

Hurdity x