Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Length of cyclr  (Read 643 times)

Helen Lilley

Length of cyclr
« on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:43 AM »

Morning all.

I know everyone is different, so there is no definitive answer, however 3 times in the last year, I have effectively missed a period and then come on the following month.  The first time was last January, and then again in the May of 2018, and I'm currently on day 57 of my latest cycle, and still awaiting my period.

Am really hoping that this means that at some point, this will become a regular occurrence, and that periods will only happen every few months, and then every 6 months or so, and then finally stop. 

Just interested to hear from those of you who've been there roughly how long it was between the stage I'm at now, and finally being officially menopausal.  I'm 46, so I know there is potentially still a long way to go yet.

Thanks 😊

Dotty

Re: Length of cyclr
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:05:18 AM »

Hi it could be any length of time. Periods can get shorter or longer... heavier or lighter. It could happen quickly or it could take a number of years. I went 9 months without a period. A friend of mine went 11 months xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Length of cyclr
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 12:54:41 PM »

Oh mine waxed and waned for 3/4 years.  I would go for months, then have several in a row.  The longest was about 9 months break, then of course I had to start counting from 1 again  ::).  Fortunately they didn't be heavier as some ladies suffer, like the womb holds on and lets it all go at once.  I had enough of that over the years  >:(.

Then I realised that I was missing bleeds for over a year  :).  But it was 5 years B4 I stopped carrying protection  ::)