Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: 3rd oestrogen implant and 1st testosterone implant!!  (Read 1813 times)

Sazduggs

3rd oestrogen implant and 1st testosterone implant!!
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:47:19 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have just had my 3rd oestrogen pellet implanted yesterday at Nick Panays meno clinic at Chelsea & Westminster hospital.

Firstly can I just say WOW!! I'm so mad I didn't do this sooner! :)

I had a few wobbles with the first one for the first 2 weeks whilst weaning off the patches ( I was on 2x100 everols). With the first pellet I only got 6-8 weeks without any patches, I then had to put on a 25, then up it to 50 then just 1x 100 seemed to keep me level. At 4 months they put in the second pellet, again I had a wobble for 2 weeks whilst weaning down from the 100 patch but then WOW I had 4.5-5 months of amazingness!!! 8) 8) I felt normal, more normal than I have a in over 10 years!! at the 5 month point (end of December) I felt symptoms coming back so put on a 25 patch just to 'top me up' till yesterday and its worked great.  As pellets are cumulative I hopeful that I won't need any patches at the end of this one beginning of the 4th pellet and from here on in!!

Ladies if you get the chance I say go for it! I had tried every kind of oestrogen method over the last 4 years and the pellet is phenomenal!!

now on to my question!!

I have been on testosterone gels for 2 years and they were working but I was getting annoyed with putting it on everyday and forgetting quite a lot ;D so I have just had my first testosterone pellet inserted, I told the Dr that I was worried about 'man' symptoms so she cut it in half for my first one! so its now 50mg. I asked her how much do I get get daily from gels and she said upto 10mg but gel is too unpredictable some days they blob might only have 1mg some days 20mg.  Anyway I just wanted to hear peoples experiences of the testosterone pellet, I don't want to hear horror stories though!! ;D

how long does it take to kick in?
is it quicker than gels, which took 6-9 months?
my E levels are really good with the pellet, will this keep hairs away? ;D
Does T make hair thicker or thinner?

Thanks ladies  :-*

TNM45689

Re: 3rd oestrogen implant and 1st testosterone implant!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »

Hi Sazduggs - I am also under Dr Panay at Chelsea and Westminster - I am currently on 75mg of Estradot....why did they recommend estrogen implants (never heard of them?) - did you ahve a problem absorbing them? They are slowly upping my dose my my estrogen levels are still low.

Great news! Sorry I do not know anything any testosterone.

Long may it continue!!!

Tx

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

Interesting Sazduggs - what do pellets average out at oestrogenwise do you know? Also, how long do (or are supposed to) they last? + are they expensive?

Sazduggs

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »

TNM - they recommended the pellets because even on 2x 100 patches my E levels fluctuated almost weekly from around 200-1400.  I had my total HYX due to PMDD so I really really suffer with the psychological side of menopause and if my E levels dropped below 550-600 I felt f**king awful!!

im not really sure why I fluctuated so much, I do think I didn't absorb them properly hence needing so much, I was beginning to run out of ass cheek as they are so big!! ;D ;D but even with all that they were better than pills or gels

ask them about the pellets! he has loads of studies on them.

Perinowpost - im not sure what you mean??........ but I sit around 600-700pmol and I'm perfect at that.  each pellet is 50mg daily release.  The levels are different to other methods i.e. if on patches you feel good at a level of around 800 you will probably be fine with a pellet level of 300, does that make sense.  The pellet releases what is needed to keep your body in balance so the release is different for everyone.

an example of mine is, when I was on patches if I worked out heavily it would suck all the E out of my patches very quickly, but will the pellets I maintain a steady level.

the pellets last 6 months to 1 year again this depends on each person.  I had 4 months between 1 and 2 and 6 months between 2 and 3 and I will keep it at 6 months for the foreseeable future, I get a blood test just before my appointment to ensure I don't get tachyphalaxsis.

Expensewise, I think they are quite expensive but see Panay and his team on the NHS so I don't pay for them

xx

TNM45689

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 02:47:41 PM »

Thank you! That is super helpful. After nearly 9 months on Estradot 50 my levels are still only 100 (lust I need more as I have just been diagnosed with osteoporosis) . He has just increased to 75mg so we shall see - and will have repeat bloods in 3 months....so maybe an option.

Tx

becca

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 05:22:10 PM »

SAZdrugs - thanks for posting this, Oh what good timing to read your news today!!!!!!!!!  I have been down to my appointment at Chelsea and Westminster meno clinic today and really don't know what to do.  I have struggled for three years or so on HRT (oestrogel, utrogestan and testosterone) to get the right dose.  Got to see a Dr at the clinic last year who said my oestro levels were way too low and doubled my dose of the oestro.  We agreed that we'd try to get me to the right oestro/happiness level and would then move to patches - just because 6 pumps of gel every day is a total pain on a long term basis.  We got to a good place in December and I switched to patches, but two months in on the Estradot (150mg twice a week) my oestro has plummeted and all my symptoms have returned.  Today at the clinic they have suggested increasing to 200mg, but I'm thinking about it now and dreading it as I feel so low. I have the same issue of sweating like a horse when exercising and I don't think I can go through trying a higher dose of patches and risk feeling like this or worse until the clinic can fit me in again in six months' time. 
I have some gel leftover at home - I'm thinking maybe I didn't try it at the higher dose for long enough to see if my oestro levels would stabilise??? Should I just go back to that so I can feel better and give it a bit more of a try?????
I'm also wondering if anyone has switched from oestrogel to sandrena and found it better - I understand that there's less actual gel stuff to apply for the same amount of oestro???
Has anyone topped up on C&W clinic by paying for an appointment with Nick Panay??? Just wondered if it would help to go straight to the expert..
Keen to hear views on this thread re implants as this has also been suggested to me
Nurse at clinic today seemed to think there might be some doubt over implants being available post Brexit???

Sazduggs

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »

Woodpecker - I was lucky that I got to see nick for my first 3 appointments, the a nurse and the last 2 times have been a memo dr.

Do not worry about the implants after brexit, the nurse shouldn't have told you that as it's very unlikely to be true.

I would say get the implant ASAP. My hyx was from pmdd caused by hormone disruption due to ivf. Like I said over the last 4 years I have tried every kind of estrogen delivery method and none have even come close to the implant, I normally have a wobble for the first 2 weeks (see my previous posts!) but I took of the 25 patch the night I had the implant and I have immediately felt amazing, no depression, anxity, joint pain, bladder pain, tiredness....nothing I just feel like me and fabulous!!!

becca

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »

Woodpecker - I was lucky that I got to see nick for my first 3 appointments, the a nurse and the last 2 times have been a memo dr.

Do not worry about the implants after brexit, the nurse shouldn't have told you that as it's very unlikely to be true.

I would say get the implant ASAP. My hyx was from pmdd caused by hormone disruption due to ivf. Like I said over the last 4 years I have tried every kind of estrogen delivery method and none have even come close to the implant, I normally have a wobble for the first 2 weeks (see my previous posts!) but I took of the 25 patch the night I had the implant and I have immediately felt amazing, no depression, anxity, joint pain, bladder pain, tiredness....nothing I just feel like me and fabulous!!!

Thanks Sazduggs appreciate the advice felt bad I had hijacked your good news post with my issues!!!!  The IVF is really rough isn't it.  No-one tells you about the aftermath - in fact I was told categorically that the IVF wasn't the reason behind my hormonal issues, "not possible" apparently  >:(.  I might pay to see Nick privately, will think on that.  Meanwhile I've decided to go back to the gel for six months and monitor it more closely.  I don't think I gave it enough time at the higher dose before switching to the patch.  Right now I need to feel sane and I know the higher dose of gel will do that.  So good to hear that you are feeling fabulous!! xx

Tc

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »

Hiya ladies. Can I ask do you know if you can have the pellets if you are in surgical meno. I still have my uterus. Ovaries removed.
I don't seem to absorb E well at all. 3 months on sequi patch and my E was 100. I've been switched to oestrogen 2 weeks ago 3 pumps and my symptoms seem to be getting worse even though 3 pumps is a higher dose than the 50 patch.

Sazduggs

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 03:52:29 PM »

TC - I'm not sure as you still have a uterus, I'm in surgical menopause but I had everything removed so it very easy to get me balanced ie I only need E my problem was staying there!!!! Although I've now cracked it!!

WOODPECKER - I may have my son from it but IVF ruined my life ☹️ Up till having my hysterectomy that is xx

Tc

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »

Thank you. It's been 5 months since my op and I seriously don't think I'm absorbing any E at all which was born out by the blood test. I might as well have been taking nothing.
I am older than you I am 53 but at the time of my op I wasn't in menopause, was still regular with no symptoms so I think I needed a higher dose from the start. The trouble is the docs go on age not meno status.

Good luck going forward.