Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Re VA  (Read 1366 times)

Opal

Re VA
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:26:58 PM »

Hi I am on everol conti patches and have been for about 2 years but for the last 2 weeks I have been suffering with VA has anyone else had this
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:36:29 PM by Opal »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Re VA
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »

Do read our threads on vaginal atrophy - localised HRT can ease symptoms!

Jeepers

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »

Hi Opal

Sorry to hear you are suffering, but your post did make me chuckle... VD was what we used to call STI's. 

Anyway, yes, lots of us do, and even though on HRT, you will probably need some local oestrogen, such as Vagifem.  As CLKD, there are loads of threads on Vaginal Atrophy which will give you lots of information, and reassurance that you are not alone!

Jeepers x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »

Although i am on systemic HRT, Estrogel, i still need Vagifem for the VA, so yes you can start to suffer with it even if on full HRT.

Opal

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »

ThanksJeepers,CLKD and Tinkerbell, jeepers was just to lazy to type it out thanks for your replys going to call the doctor tomorrow morning she is not that helpful  but will see what she says

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 07:23:01 PM »

Don't ask, tell her.  Explain that you have dryness in the vagina and would like to try appropriate treatment.  If she's not willing then make an appt with the Practice Nurse for a chat.

Opal

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »

CLKD I am rubbish at this type of thing but I will try I have just looked online  and there is a meno clinic a few miles from me so if I have any problems I will go there

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »

Hope your gp doesn't mess you about and you get some local hrt.

Opal

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »

Thanks Suzysunday  felling so rubbish tonight I am going to tell her like CLKD said and if she says  no going to make an appointment at the memo clinic

Opal

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »

Phoned first thing this morning and got an appointment this morning  I went armed with info I had printed from here ready for a fight well to my surprise I have a new lady doctor when I told her how i was feeling she was so good she says she understood as she is going through the same things and that she was working her way through her Meno Ladies to check all was  well with them she is like a breath of fresh air I am home Estradol presseries and Yes VM and she has told me that if any problems to call for an appointment, I am so glad I found this forum and asked the question or I would still be strugling.

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »

That's great news. It makes you feel more confident to have a sympathetic gp. Hope the pessaries work, is it vagifem?

Opal

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »

Suzysunday yes it is Vagifem she has said if they are not suitable we will find something to help me, it is a relief to know that I can speak to her the last one was a nightmare and not very nice

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 11:51:14 AM »

:bouncing:  keep hold of her.  Don't share her details or she will have a long queue outside her door  :D  ;)

Let us know how you get on.  Did you tell her about MM Forum?  Also give her the details of the book recently written by a Member ;-)

Opal

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:49 PM »

CLKD I did she started laughing when I pulled out the stuff I printed off  she said that d9cs need to be more receptive when we tell them about our bodies as we are the ones that know how we feel, we didn't used to have a nurse in our practice she is getting two nurses and will be running well woman clinics and is also planning a well man clinic  she says she beleives in preventative medicine so she seems to be on the ball

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »

Maybe begin a discussion group about Menopause ?  ;)