Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ovestin , VA and uti symptoms  (Read 6275 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin , VA and uti symptoms
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 11:29:02 AM »

You are now over-thinking.  Weight gain is by putting things into our mouths  ;).  There isn't enough in the product to be absorbed into the gut = weight gain. 

Take a pain relief, get into the sunshine and breath.  Once my mind starts whizzing and making up stories, I have to take charge and get into routine.  I have a set routine in the morning which I try to keep to.  If anxiety takes over, that's totally different. 

suzysunday

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 11:32:12 AM »

But there are reports it can cause water retention.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »

Please put the Link to that report on here?  I can't see how it will cause water retention?  It's vaginally [I hope, it has been known  :-X] so how could it cause water 'retention'?

kimmyi

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »

Hi Suzysunday,

I am on Timbelone as well, hope your having a better day x

suzysunday

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »

Oh yes you said about tibolone and thanks. Clkd, I just googled ovestin and weight gain and there were various sites. No I am not eating ovestin!  Just random googling ! Think you may be right about over thinking. I need some fresh air!

Jeepers

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:25 PM »

Hi all

Suzy, yes, I am on Oestrogel, Utrogestan and Vagifem.. oh and Androfeme too.

Our surgery does open early for blood tests, which works well for me as I work full time, and find it difficult to get to the surgery in normal times.   As I was already there, I was able to get an appointment for 8.10 ( no frantically ringing in trying to beat the rush!). so Dr was a locum ,but seemed okay.  He has arranged for a smear (4 years since last one), an untrasound and wants to do a urine test (said I can bring it in when I go for smear).  As I am over 55, it should all happen within 2 weeks.  Womb cancer was mentioned, but I am hoping that is worst case scenario, and there are other less serious possibilities. I have had discomfort at the front of my pubic area, not sure if it could be bladder or womb related.

CKLD .. I asked him for a repeat Vagifem prescription, and he said yes (wanted to do the reloading, but not sure I have enough), got to the pharmacy and realised he had done a prescription for the Oestrogel, so I'll have to try again.

Katejo, I am the same age as you, and I thought I had got through menopause relatively unscathed for   2 years, but then the last year has been horrible, so you have my sympathy.

Jeepers x
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:50:19 PM by Jeepers »

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »

I have been on various ADs since the 1980s, plus HRT for atrophy and have not put on weight.

Get into that sunshine  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »

Hi all

Suzy, yes, I am on Oestrogel, Utrogestan and Vagifem.. oh and Androfeme too.

Our surgery does open early for blood tests, which works well for me as I work full time, and find it difficult to get to the surgery in normal times.   As I was already there, I was able to get an appointment for 8.10 ( no frantically ringing in trying to beat the rush!). so Dr was a locum ,but seemed okay.  He has arranged for a smear (4 years since last one), an untrasound and wants to do a urine test (said I can bring it in when I go for smear).  As I am over 55, it should all happen within 2 weeks.  Womb cancer was mentioned, but I am hoping that is worst case scenario, and there are other less serious possibilities. I have had discomfort at the front of my pubic area, not sure if it could be bladder or womb related.

CKLD .. I asked him for a repeat Vagifem prescription, and he said yes (wanted to do the reloading, but not sure I have enough), got to the pharmacy and realised he had done a prescription for the Oestrogel, so I'll have to try again.

Katejo, I am the same age as you, and I thought I had got through menopause relatively unscathed for   2 years, but then the last year has been horrible, so you have my sympathy.

Jeepers x
wow re.  same day appointments. If I queue outside before it opens to get a same day (impossible to get through on the phone), I might get one but they make a point of sending me away to return later in the day. The fact that I work an hour away in Central London gets me nowhere. today I have tried to use their brand new GP email service for non urgent enquiries. I asked whether they would supply me with a form for a routine blood test without me seeing a GP (and wasting their time). I want to get my red/white blood cells checked as a precaution/for peace of mind. If they tell me that I have to see a GP just for that.......
I have mostly come off pretty lightly so far re. meno. It is just this UTI/VA which has caused me stress. I hope your tests come out ok.

Jeepers

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 04:30:02 PM »

I think my surgery have made a big effort to not be difficult recently, I think they needed to up their ranking or something.  I waited til the reception desk opened at 8 am, and they had 8.10am appt.  So that was really lucky.  The receptionists used to be really snippy, but they are really good now.

As for blood tests.  We can make an appointment to see the nurses, and the wait time is much shorter.  They have different nurses depending on what you need.  So there is a blood nurse, a "womens things" nurse  ;D, and other more general nurses.  The practice is a doctor down, so they are keen to spread the load.

Thank you for your good wishes :-)

Katejo

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 05:12:38 PM »

I think my surgery have made a big effort to not be difficult recently, I think they needed to up their ranking or something.  I waited til the reception desk opened at 8 am, and they had 8.10am appt.  So that was really lucky.  The receptionists used to be really snippy, but they are really good now.

As for blood tests.  We can make an appointment to see the nurses, and the wait time is much shorter.  They have different nurses depending on what you need.  So there is a blood nurse, a "womens things" nurse  ;D, and other more general nurses.  The practice is a doctor down, so they are keen to spread the load.

Thank you for your good wishes :-)
Our blood test service ie run externally but takes ace in my GP surgery. The booking system is vastly better now but I need a form from the GP first.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 05:22:51 PM »

We have 2 Nurse Practitioners that can prescribe.  As well as different Nurses for different issues ........ one looks in the ears, another washes them out if necessary  ::) plus GPs when required.

suzysunday

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »

Really tired of feeling like a wee. Out this afternoon and pressure in my bladder, so uncomfortable and then that full bowel feeling though not constipated.  Exhausted and so so fed up.

Katejo

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2019, 06:26:26 PM »

Really tired of feeling like a wee. Out this afternoon and pressure in my bladder, so uncomfortable and then that full bowel feeling though not constipated.  Exhausted and so so fed up.
Have you tried bicarb of soda dissolved in water (small half teaspoon)?

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »

Is that to drink Katejo?

suzysunday - what pain relief did you take?

suzysunday

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »

Ibuprofen and keep well hydrated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4