Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estriol and vaginal utrogestan can't find an answer  (Read 1913 times)

Tc

Estriol and vaginal utrogestan can't find an answer
« on: January 26, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »

Hiya ladies.
I have researched and can't find any info about whether it's ok to take Utrogestan vaginally at the same time as (inserting) estriol 00.01 cream
I have mentioned it in another thread and it's not something anyone seems to have experience of.
Posting under new topic in hope someone might know.
I'm concerned that the estriol will interact or lessen the effect of the utrogestan.
I'm Trying it tonight as I can't stand another day of headache from taking it orally. But not sure if it's ok longer term.
Would be grateful for any help thank you.

Tc

Re: Estriol and vaginal utrogestan can't find an answer
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:34:04 PM »

Hi stellajane. Thanks. The thing with the cream is gravity takes effect very quicklyso i have to do it before bed.
I know a lot of ladies on here use vagifem and utrogestan and I want to change over to vagifem but my doc wanted me to try the cream first. Must say I'm not a fan of it. It's very messy and it's got a strange smell.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:45:08 AM »

I think I found my own answer.
It fell out.
I woke up with no headache yay!!

Went to toilet and found the pill completely whole and unbroken on the bathroom floor.
I had got up to go to the loo 2 hours after I put it in!!
I had used the applicator which it fitted perfectly into the end of and inserted it high up.

So...no sick headache this morning but no progesterone either.

On the bright side at least I'm able to enjoy a coffee this morning.
Back to plan A.

Sooze

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 05:21:49 PM »

I'm using Utrogestan vaginally every night & have found the oestrogen I'm on (Sandrena) sorts out the upper vagina fine so I just use a spot of Ovestin on the skin outside and maybe a cm or so inside (just use my finger to apply) and I do this after inserting Utrogestan.  This also stops the Utrogestan irritating the skin outside the vagina, which I noticed when I started using it vaginally.
HTH

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 07:50:53 PM »

Hi Tc - I answered this question you posed on the thread where you asked it, before you posted this new one! If you check back there you'll see what I said!

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »

Hi hurdity. Yes you said you weren't sure about the estriol and you said how you use utrogestan  with vagifem.
Thanks for your reply
I don't have vagifem at moment and can't stop the estriol cos the easteogel  isn't realy working yet  in fact my hot flushes have returned  I'm trying to use the estriol every other day but the days I don't use it I realy notice a difference
So guess I'm gonna have to put up with the side effects of the utrogestan  till I go back in 2 weeks when I can ask for vagifem. Although gynae did say before that she thinks I won't need vagifem once my E levels are higher. I think we all know that's not necessarily true.