Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Duty of care to road users  (Read 3644 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Duty of care to road users
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »

Was watching a programme this evening about fraud - those that tell employers that they are too sick to work then post on social media photos/videos of them on holiday  ::). There was an NHS woman last week who was off work, too ill but was seen competing on horse back. You really couldmn't write it!  Did she really think that she would get away with it!

Shadyglade

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 08:36:22 PM »

If you have an accident doesn't insurance companies advise not to indicate fault to the other parties.

My husband knocked a mobied rider off his bike once. He was over taking my husband where it wasn't allowed. Nevertheless my husband said 'oh, I am so sorry'. The said rider then tried to use this against my husband.

Lucky photos of the road layout and markings saved the day.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »

One should never comment at an accident site for those reasons.  When we had a woman run into us whilst on honeymoon, she drove from a side junction into us  :o she jumped out and said "I didn't see him".  Driving without due care and attention then .......

Anyone have a camera on their vehicles these days?  Behind or infront?  We also have a bleep on the reverse of both Hyundais ........

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:07 PM »

We have one of those dash cams,everyone should have one these days.
When I was a dispenser,our lovely drug addicts were all obviously on benefits,one guy,always on crutches,I saw him one evening when I was in my car and he was running across the road,rightly or wrongly I reported it to benefits office,as he was “stealing “ tax payers money for a disability he clearly didn't have.
Pages: 1 [2]