Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feels counterproductive HRT  (Read 1090 times)

EnglishRose

Feels counterproductive HRT
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »

Hoping someone can relate

I've only had spotting since 2012 due to the Progesterone I was applying to my skin.
I've reduced from 500 to 300mg whilst also starting Oestrogel a month ago.

This period is heavy heavier than I've had in 8 years.. but also my breasts still sore on day 3, aching and very large still, I'm having bad sleep on night two, was very depressed yesterday but happy in the evening then depressed again in bed at night
Still having light palpitations this week and hot spells when I need to turn heating off and open a window. The hot spells happen when my mood is low just as the back symptoms and skin sensitive issues are worse when my mood is low..
Today depressed again, hard to hold conversation, tired, horrible new physical symptoms (reason why I started Oestrogen they started 2 months ago) sensitive skin to back buttocks and legs makes me shudder and shiver when clothing brushes against.

From memory my PMS was gone when I started and I had a bit of post period PMs during early peri menopause. My PMs since being on high Progesterone only has been minimal...

Basically I'm confused why I feel worse now on my period than I did before Oestrogel.

Am I bleeding heavily because I've lowered Progesterone?

Sorry I'm just trying to understand it, if I can understand it, it helps me accept it,

My moods are very very severe from almost suicidal in the afternoon to fine that evening. Everything (symptoms) seems excellerated and magnified and lasting longer

Worst day ever today, so depressed can't even watch tv just can't focus or concentrate
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:19:22 AM by EnglishRose »

Hurdity

Re: Feels counterproductive HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:37:06 PM »

Hi there - I think I answered your similar post yesterday - maybe in private lives? Hope you're feeling better today?

Hurdity x

EnglishRose

Re: Feels counterproductive HRT
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

Hi there - I think I answered your similar post yesterday - maybe in private lives? Hope you're feeling better today?

Hurdity x

Thanks
If it's any consolation I'm fast realising reading and asking questions here doesn't make me feel any better physically nor will it make me get better sooner. I'm slowly starting to watch tv and accept “it is what it is until it isn't”
Thanks for replying xxx