Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: femoston and sandrena advice  (Read 1482 times)

riverrunsfree

femoston and sandrena advice
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:14:11 PM »

Hi All

Wondering as I am on Femoston 1/10 sequential and 0.5mg of sandrena whether to ask doc to give me sandrena 1mg as this will top up my oestrogen to 2/10. Am starting to feel really ropey, hot flushes again...am 51 so think level had dropped since i was 49.

Im assuming 2/10 is acceptable level to be put on? At 51 1.5 is no longer helping symptons very well

Am also getting palpitations again

River runs free
xxxxxx

XXXXXX

Hurdity

Re: femoston and sandrena advice
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »

Hi riverrunsfree

Why not just go onto Femoston 2/10? It's difficult to equate the dose from gel with dose from tablet because even though they contain the same amount of estradiol they are absorbed in different ways, and this is also quite individual so you wouldn't be sure you were getting and extra 1 mg as such. if you absorbed the Sandrena really well then the progestogen might not be sufficint to ensure your womb lining was shed leading to sporadic bleeding. This would also be cheaper as you wouldn't need the extra HRT product.

Hurdity x

riverrunsfree

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »

thanks hurdity...much appreciatedxxx

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 06:39:13 PM »

Hi riverrunsfree,

If you are worried about upping the dose at all you can get Zumenon seperately which is the estrogen only component of femosten. You could build up gradually by taking half a tablet extra every other day and add more until you get to 2/10 dosage and go onto the 2/10 tablets proper.

Peppermintyx