Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Side/Flank Pain  (Read 6547 times)

BlueButterfly

Re: Side/Flank Pain
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:47 PM »

We are all just a mess aren't we?  ;D

Snoooze

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »

Some days I feel like I'm literally falling apart! My husband says 'you've always got something wrong with you, stop moaning'!

kinola67

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 10:01:21 PM »

Just logged in to check messages! and see we are all literally falling apart! I went to an excercise class tonight to try and stretch out the pain as it does feel very muscular too but in the kidney area, not sure if it feels worse but will know in the morning I guess! maybe it's just all related but we are feeling pain signals from various bits of our bodies. My breasts have also blown up like balloons this week so there must be excess hormone which is maybe causing the sore joint/muscle at the same time. Who knows. I need to stop worrying about it!! Thanks ladies for the replies.x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »

I get tennis elbow. Really bloody painful.
I wear one of my sons elastic bandages when it's really bad...

And Snooze, my OH and son are always saying the same to me, ‘there's always something wrong with you'.   Lol     They ort to step into my shoes for a week and see how it feels....
Omg, I'd love to see that......lol

BlueButterfly

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »

I hope the exercise helped the side pain!

Yes, I think it is definitely hormonal. I'm getting more aches today and even got the muscle spasms back (feels like bubbles popping under the skin in my calves...) and I actually have some breasts today!  ;D I never had much but they deflated quite a bit over the last several months.

yes I hear the same thing about something always wrong with me. "Another doctor visit?" Maybe!  ;)

kinola67

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »

It's so up and down isn't it, one day one symptom, the next day something else! I decided to try and forget all about it over the weekend, did my usual exercise stuff towards the end of last week and felt reasonably upbeat but it's not shifting. I am into my 4th week of the cycle (now that I can actully track it!) so I will see what happens pain wise this week. It's funny you mention breasts, I have 'deflated' over the past couple of years, just assumed that was part and parcel of the process, but the last few weeks I have inflated again! not sure which hormone that's down to but it really is quite amazing how different they look and feel!

BlueButterfly

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 01:56:09 PM »

Sorry the pain is still there. I do hope it gets better. Have you tried heat on it or on your back near the area? I would use a heating pad wrapped from my spine as far around as I could to the front. It usually gives me a little relief. It was pretty awful once so I went to a chiropractor. It went away for about week with that. That's what confirmed to me it was muscle/spine issues. Doctors had no idea what I was talking about.

Shadyglade

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »

Go and get a urine test. Could be a kidney infection and if so needs treatment pronto. I had similar symptoms once, which I assumed were muscular, and ended up in a lot of trouble.

Don't take chances, that's what doctors are there for

Dierdre

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »

I'm left handed and get this bottom of my ribs left hand side!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 11:32:47 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains!

How is your urine?

kinola67

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »

Hi all sorry such a late reply, I went back to the gp's this week as bloomin pain not shifting, urine test sent off and scan booked. Honestly feel I'm never away from the place but better to be persistant than worry all the time and do nothing I guess. We lost a school mum recently who had put everything down to hormones so that's always in the back of my mind. If I get some answers I will post as it's so useful to know how everyone is getting on with symptoms etc Thanks everyone for your answers, x
Pages: 1 [2]