Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cost of HRT  (Read 997 times)

shally0318

Cost of HRT
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »

Hi all I have been prescribed Sandrena & Utrogesten by Gyne at Hospital who told me they would write to my Docs for a 3 month prescription which is £17.40 as two items. I have just called my Docs who said they will do 3 months this time but in future I need to ring a central number for repeat prescriptions and they will normally only do prescriptions for 28 days.
Is this right as I have been told I will be on continuous HRT for as long as I need it as very heavy bleeding due to fibroids and they could not refit the Mirena coil due to complications. I know I need the medication but it is a lot of money to pay every month.

Dotty

Re: Cost of HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:55:43 PM »

They should give you 3 months supply, but if they won't then a pre paid prescription for 3 months or a year is worth it.
 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:25:45 PM »

Oh definitely a 12 months prescription it covers everything.

Our Surgery prescribes 1 month .......... but we have to order 5-6 days prior to it being due  ::) difficult for me to plan if I suddenly need to go away ..........  they insist on an annual GP check where BP and weight, drug discussion and requirements are done.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »

Mine will only give one month at a time.

Taz x