Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel/utrogestan - out of sync with period  (Read 1304 times)

Lilylight

Oestrogel/utrogestan - out of sync with period
« on: October 31, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »

Hi, hopefully this will make sense!
In my third cycle of above regime and it's really great except my period seems out of sync with the progesterone part. Eg, I'm 4 days away from utrogestan phase and no period - but do feel pre menstrual, so think it's on it's way. Not sure whether to start the utrogestan as scheduled or to wait u til period over?
Will my cycle fall into line with HRT regime?
I'm peri and prior to HRT was having regular periods btw.
Thank you

Dancing Queen

Re: Oestrogel/utrogestan - out of sync with period
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »

Me too I`m coming to the end of my 2nd month of HRT and have had nothing for 6 weeks, then a 3 day light period, a weeks gap and am now on day 6 of a normal period... hope it will get in synch soon - I was more regular than this before HRT but had horrendous low mood so it has definitely helped but knocked my cycle out of whack so far. 

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »

Lilylight - if it turns out you have a bleed and are ovulating regularly then you could try and synchronise. You would count the start of the bleed as Day 1 and then start to take the utrogestan on Day 15. However this might mean you skip a month if your bleed came before the utrogestan - but if the bleed is from after ovulation you will probably shed a lot of the lining anyway? Maybe slightly shift it on a bit further by juggling with the doses or something so that at least you take it for a few days? Difficult to advise precisely really  sorry!

Hurdity x

Lilylight

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:05:37 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. I think I'll skip the utrogestan this month as am sure am about to get period.
I guess we have to hang in there dancing queen x