Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: joint pain relapse after 2 years happy on HRT - what's going on??  (Read 4360 times)

Katejo

Re: joint pain relapse after 2 years happy on HRT - what's going on??
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »

That sounds fun!  ;D

I did a contemporary dance for fitness class - we added Bollywood, tango and some other stuff.  (There was some floor work, which I love.  However, I have had teachers that have no idea how anyone works who is 40+ and they make you feel that you can't do any of it.  There seem to be ways of doing it!).  I love a bit of running and jumping too.

I am now doing a creative dance for oldies class  ;)

I don't like group classes for keep fit much at all. I feel self conscious. The exception is possibly aquarobics because the others can't see my legs below water level! 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:18 AM »

I live on the Suffolk coast. So far the locals have loved my class - I do enjoy it. DG x

da66

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 10:31:24 AM »

Katejo - I did have joint pain before my periods stopped, yes, quite a long time before. For ages I thought I was getting arthritis early. But after periods stopped the pain got a whole lot worse. In the mornings I would be hobbling to the loo because my feet were so painful and I couldn't walk for more than 10 mins without my hips starting up and I was only 48. I had knee and shoulder pain as well.  I got a huge amount of relief from 50mg evorel - it took about 3 months to kick in properly and then one day I realised I was almost pain free. I was fine for 2 years on that dose - not totally pain free but much much better. Then the pain started coming back in.

**Update - I was lucky and got a cancellation in the menopause clinic last week. Saw a lovely doctor who was happy to put me up to 75mg evorel.  Fingers crossed that does the trick. I asked her about testing my oestrogen levels and she said it wasn't worth it because so many variables affect the levels.

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »

That's great news Da66.  At least if you have a good meno doctor who actually listens then that is more than half the battle.  I hope upping the patches works but even if it doesn't then at least you have someone in your corner who can help with Plan B. :great
Let us know if its working!

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »

That is good news da66.

Your joint pain history sounds just like mine.

I had it from 40ish but it really kicked in at 49 when I stopped the pill and found I was in perimenopause.  I would be fine, then just wake up one day with it, then it would take about 3/4 days to ease off again, until the next time.  It was hands, feet, elbows and knees.  My neck and shoulders got too painful to sit down and I used to go to bed early so I could lie down.  My hips used to hurt when standing (still do to some extent).
Pages: 1 [2]