Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coffee..... who has given it up to relieve stress and peri symptoms  (Read 4061 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Coffee..... who has given it up to relieve stress and peri symptoms
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »

Fizzy water gives me heartburn.

Conolly

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »

Hello ladies,

This might be helpful
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/johns_hopkins_bayview/_docs/medical_services/gynecology_obstetrics/bladder_irritants.pdf

I have started drinking decaf a couple of months ago. It has helped with hot flushes and anxiety/irritation but not with bladder issues.

Conolly X

Shadyglade

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 05:07:23 PM »

What a depressing list. I like most of those.  :(

Katejo

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »

I would find it hard to give up coffee completely because one of my ways to relax is to read a book or magazine in a cafe over coffee and people watch   :) .  However I rarely have more than 1 small  coffee in a day and usually have decaff. I drink a lot more tea  but also mainly decaff.

dangermouse

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »

I gave up all caffeine when my peri nausea/migraines started but had to bring it back as I found out it helped my migraines.

Prior to that, a few years before, I’d read a book about the evils of caffeine and stopped it then without reaping any benefits but I’ve since learnt it’s a plant-based stimulant and fine to have in moderation.

I can’t drink coffee (just find it too bitter) but that specifically does come with its own health benefits (antioxidants, hormonal balance) and I know people who force themselves to drink it for those reasons.

I think the health media does demonise stimulants but they can have their place if used sensibly and can also offer health benefits.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:53:50 PM by dangermouse »

Conolly

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »

Hello dangermouse,

I had to decaf slowly in order to keep my headaches and migraines at bay, because caffeine really helps. Otherwise I haven't notice any difference in energy levels (they have always been low anyway  ;D ). I think decaf coffee has traces of caffeine and probably that's enough for an anxious menopausal woman.

Conolly X

dangermouse

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »

;D

I also think that some are much more sensitive to caffeine's stimulant effects than others. My mum can't drink it post lunchtime otherwise she won't sleep that night. I can wake in the night and have a cup of tea and then it lulls me right back to sleep!

Conolly

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »

I'm just like your Mum  ;D  Gynae said my hormone levels are from a 90 year old  :o 

Conolly X

TraceyTracey

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »

Thank you all ladies... your answers have been super helpful and given me something to think about for sure.

I am caffeine sensitive and only drink it during the morning... I do hope my hormones are not like those of a 90 year old ha ha.

Thank have a sensitive bladder I think... it's weak and I have an awful urgency to pee which I think must be down to the tannins.

I love chai tea and drink that in the pm... it's tme to search for something else now booo hoooo  :(. I will live, it's first world problems after all  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]