Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: testosterone blood levels ??  (Read 740 times)

Muzza

testosterone blood levels ??
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »

So I had a testosterone pellet implant put in 3 months ago and I feel no different
my blood levels are 2.46 is this good or bad ?  I paid £380 to have this done.

Im 47 peri and have the mirena coil with enviorol patches.  I feel fine with everything else its just
my libio is non existent !!

VR46

Re: testosterone blood levels ??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »

Hi
The reference level when I had mine was between 0.29 - 1.67, so yours appears to be high.
Mine was <0.09 and low, so I was put on testosterone.
I hope that this helps.
However, I have just had a mirena re-fitted (removed a year ago) and started on estrogel in August I still have bad symptoms, especially strong palpitations, tightness in my arms, chest and throat, and chronic anxiety.
So I'm just praying it takes a while for the hormones to balance - as I can't take much more of this!!
Take care

Muzza

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »

Hi VR46

thanks for your reply, well my does seem hi compared to you.  Its all so confusing it did take a good year
trying different types of hrt to feel like myself again, Im sorry to hear you are having trouble fingers crossed
you will be sorted soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:45 PM »

Hi Muzza

Testosterone tests are not very accurate because the test is designed for men whose testosterone levels are much higher - our levels are at the lower end of the scale so even a slight variation may not show up.

Having said that they should be measured/monitored once you start taking testosterone just to make sure you don't go beyond the range - if that's possible to determine. Also T levels on their own don't mean a lot - it's free T that we need to know about and it's only total T that is usually measured. A guide to free T is to measure total T and the levels of SHBG ( sex hormone binding globulin) and then calculate the Free Androgen Index. If you go to the home page of the forum and google the nake of that index I've said how to calculate it and the ref range. My T levels was higher than it should be but my FAI was within range so doc said it was OK. Hopefully whoever tested your T knew this and did SHBG as well - do ask - unless you actually had free T tested - which is not usual - perhaps private testing does this? You are here in UK I presume?

Hurdity x