Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Where to put oestrogel?  (Read 1461 times)

aspie65

Where to put oestrogel?
« on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:48 AM »

I have read extensively and know I'm supposed to put in on my inner thighs or arms or even shoulders.  In the colder weather having those bits exposed is a bit tortuous so I wondered about putting in on my calves (shaved of course).  Anyone know if this is okay or not?  Thanks.

SueLW

Re: Where to put oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »

I'm seeing my menopause doctor tomorrow and intend to ask about this very thing.  I'll report back about sites and whether they need to be rotated etc.

aspie65

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »

Great thanks.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »

Yes it would be OK - just that absorption might be less - ie it won't do any harm! Why do you feel you need to keep the area exposed? Once dry you can cover with clothes and carry on as normal. In fact better to do this than risk prolonged skin contact with another person or animal (skin to skin contact should be avoided for at least an hour after application). It is usual to rotate  any application site ie left and then right wherever you choose - but really it's best to stay with one part of the body because different areas of skin will absorb differently depending on thickness, fat content, blood supply etc so you would get a more consistent dose by choosing one application site on your body.

Hurdity x

aspie65

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »

I find it takes a few minute to dry and hate having to sit with my thighs or arms exposed when it is cold.  It's not a big problem I was just curious as calves would be easier for me.

JacksJacks2

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »

Hello all,
I have a question relating to the same thing .. ish

I have had to increase my estrogel dose from 2 pumps to 3, possibly 4 in a few weeks. I found that with the 2 pumps (1 per inner thigh) even though I left it to air dry for a good hour before I put clothes on, I still felt my trousers/tights stick slightly to my thigh ?
This morning I had to apply 1 pump to one thigh and then 2 pumps to the other. I got dressed 1.5 hours later. My loose fitting flared jeans definitely stuck to me when I sat down. On standing I had to peel them from my thighs ?
Anyone know how to combat this ?
Can I put gel on thighs and arms at the same time, or abdomen as well?
I worry that applying all to both thighs, resulting in definite sticking of the clothes, will mean it is not being absorbed into my body properly and so I won't be getting the correct dosage !

I started anther thread on this but thought to move it to here as is about the same thing ... but now I don't know how to delete the one I started ?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:31:50 PM by JacksJacks2 »

VR46

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »

Hi
I was prescribed 4 pumps daily - 2 in the morning and 2 at night.
I rub it on each arm - dries quickly and no sticking to clothes.