Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice on different HRT please.  (Read 802 times)

ali 61

Advice on different HRT please.
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:51:59 PM »

I was on Evorel Conti patches for 6 weeks. (Just 1/2 a patch) But I had really bad stomach cramps, then chest pressure and finally anxiety.
So I took the patch off as it just made me feel so ill. (Tho the sweats and hot flushes all went pretty much immediately) I've been with nothing now for 11 days. The hot flushes havent come back yet, which I am surprised at.

I'm going back to see my GP next week. I'm wondering if anybody could advise me what to ask for next? I'm presuming it was the Progesterone in the Evorel Conti that wasnt right for me. I know that the different progesterone is in FemSeven patches, but they arent being manufactured right now, so thats no use.

I was given patches, as I am a frequent migraine-sufferer, and so transdermal is safer for me.
I really do NOT want a coil. It just is something I dont want to consider.
So please, can you ladies tell me what else to ask for?

I dont want a bleed, as I havent had one for nearly 3 years now, and I have endometriosis, so that can re-start with even a minor bleed.

I look forward to your help ladies. Thank you.  :)

Hurdity

Re: Advice on different HRT please.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:33:27 PM »

You could try oestrogen only patches along with a separate progestogen - the ones available are progesterone itself (Utrogestan) which can make some women feel drowsy, or Provera. As you have had endometriosis then you will probably have to take it every day so it's a question of try it and see. I know many women have success with Provera so maybe thing about this one? All the patches are listed here ( Estradot are nice and small!) https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php (scroll down) and the progestogens here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x