Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Just started Estradot  (Read 791 times)

allie007

Just started Estradot
« on: October 13, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend x.
I started Estrogel in March and had gradually gone from 1 to 3 pumps, each time I increased after a few weeks of improvement, my symptoms kept coming back, not as bad as before HRT but enough to make me feel it wasnt working as well as it should. GP prescribed me Estradot 50mg and ive been using them now for 11 days. Granted, not long but i had no gap between stopping the Estrogel to starting these but I feel as lousy now as i did pre HRT days. Ive barely slept all week, am ok going to sleep but am waking up and don't think im getting more than 3 maybe 4 hours. Is nearly 8pm now and I can barely keep my eyes open and been feeling like this for a few hours. Is this normal when you change from one type to another?

Hurdity

Re: Just started Estradot
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »

Your body will need to adjust to how its getting the oestrogen from a daily dose to a twice weekly one and in a different way so it will take a while. Keep on with this one for a few more weeks and then if your flushes and sweats (if that's what you are having problems with) have not abated by then, ask the doc for an increase to 75 mcg. You could then ease yourself into this increase by cutting a bit off the patch and having for example 62.5 at first. Are you taking other meds too? Maybe there are other reasons for your tiredness - also what progestogen are you using unless you've had a hysterectomy or have Mirena?

Hurdity x

allie007

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »

Where would we all be without you Hurdity?! Thank you so much for all your help xx
Am using the Mirena, have just had a new one fitted in the Summer as my old one was 5 years old. Never had any problems with it.
Ive never really had that many symptoms, exhaustion, low moods and headaches. Headaches have gone but its the exhaustion thats returning with a vengeance which is making my moods worse.
GP gave me a month's supply so I will be going back in a couple of weeks. If I can get an appointment.....

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:05:10 AM »

I have never had a Mirena but some women on here do report that higher doses of oestrogen are needed to counteract some of the Mirena side effects. The fact that you had a new one recently means it is pumping out more progrestogen into your system and you could be noticing this now you are closer to menopause? In your position and knowing this I would perhaps increase the patch dose sooner rather than later eg give it max 6 weeks total say and then increase, or even 4?  Maybe experiment yourself - by cutting a 50 mcg into 4 and adding one of the strips to make 62.5 as I did for a few weeks and then cut a patch in half and add to the 50 mcg to make 75 mcg etc if you have enough patches - or else go to the doc and ask for a higher dose sooner...

Hurdity x