Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Up and down  (Read 1195 times)

ladylollipop

Up and down
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »

Hello everybody, last week I posted a positive update. I felt good, had lots of energy and so on. I really thought I am over the hill. Since yesterday I feel a bit nervous and anxious again. Rang a friend who is a gynecologist and he told me  that it is normal to have up and downs even if I am on HRT. What are your experiences? Do you feel sometimes not well although you take  hormones?

A unhappy
Lady Lollipop 

Dancinggirl

Re: Up and down
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

Ups and downs happen with or without HRT. I think it is unrealistic to expect to feel good every day.
 DG x

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:59:02 PM »

Hello Dancinggirl, thank you for your answer. Yes I think you are right. Maybe I have expected too much. I really hoped this anxiety is history. ( do you have this expression in England,too).

Hug from Germany
Lady Lollipop

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:49:38 AM »

It's easy to feel that everything is down to menopause but thought life we experience ups and downs so one day is full of energy and the next we are tired or fed up or anxious. It's just the way we are I think.

I hope today is a positive one for you  :)

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:07:21 AM »

Yes, “I really hoped this anxiety would be history” is an expression used in English.
I think increased anxiety is something that happens with age. It could be natures way of protecting us from doing things we shouldn't as we get older and more fragile. I think we are meant to take life a little more cautiously. DGx

paisley

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »

I agree
Even on HRT there are ups & downs. Being ill &  stress can all cause a decrease in oestrogen. Nothing is stable all the time. We just hope that with the HRT the downs aren't so bad. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »

How is your diet?  If the body is hungry one can feel up and down.  Think of a small baby that yells when it's hungry?  Maybe try grazing?