Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Body Identical HRT with Beta 17 Oestradiol?  (Read 1711 times)

acuwell

Body Identical HRT with Beta 17 Oestradiol?
« on: October 03, 2018, 03:18:53 PM »

Hello

I am 58 and just about to start HRT after 7 years of difficult symptoms and first trying everything else going apart from HRT!  My GP has OK'd HRT but during my research I read that "Body Identical HRT with Beta 17 Oestradiol" was recommended (as a patch) as the most natural type.  Can anyone tell me please what the trademark/name of this type of HRT patch is so that I can tell my GP.  She checked her reference book and couldn't find it.  Or are all Oestradiol patches the "beta 17" type?  It was recommended by one of the big menopause websites but no trade name was given.

Much appreciated.

Hurdity

Re: Body Identical HRT with Beta 17 Oestradiol?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »

Hi there - all the HRT (patches pills and gel) containing estradiol are this one - I think they all are (known in the scientific literature as E2). I am amazed your GP does not know this....or if not could not find out very quickly while you were there! Most HRT (oestrogen) is body-identical and the oestrogen is this one or closely related ( estradiol valerate) . The oestrogens are all listed here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php scroll down for patches.
The only ones that aren't are "conjugated oestrogens" - for marketing reasons now omitting "equine" aka oestrogens made from horse urine!

Take your pick! I use Estradot because it is very small - and varies in dose from 25 mcg to 100 mcg.

What are you going to use for the progestogen or have you had a hysterectomy?

Hope this helps and let us know what you decide and how you get on

Hurdity x